cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! PROBLEMS TEXTING!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After the upgrade my texting is a mess.  When I open up some text message, there is already wording in the text box cut from some earlier text (not the last text but randomly from within the chain of messages) which I have to delete.  Whether I type a new message or leave the text box blank, the message gets saved as a draft and moves to the top of my text messages.  Some of my texts show the phone number I am texting to just above the text box, some do not.  Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

If this is for the EVO Shift, some of the culprits will be text settings, swype settings, or corruption in one or more of your messaging threads.  Assuming you've pulled your battery to reboot your phone, try clearing your text settings cache from Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - All (at the top) - messaging or text - Clear data; this will NOT delete any of your messaging threads.  Are you using Swype for your keyboard, the slide out KB, or the Android KB?  Do you notice this happening within any one particular thread? And this can be caused by an overall corruption of your messaging application, assuming you are using the stock messaging application.  Have you downloaded "Handcent" and tried that one to see if the symptoms are the same? 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are using whatever came with the phone (this is the phone used by my 65 yr old mother).  I really appreciate your suggestions, Ill try them today when I see her. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have noticed that usually the text appears because it is saved as a draft. So this will go away if you just clear your drafts which can be done by pressing menu from the main screen that shows all your threads, selecting drafts, and deleting them. As for the numbers showing up, this happens when a contact has more than one number saved. I switched to handcent cause of the glitches with the stock messaging app and I like it so far, a cool thing you might choose to use is that you can increase the text size.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat