cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Shift 4G - Touch Screen Frozen

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO Shift 4G - Touch Screen Frozen

I am having screen problems. It started yesterday, phone is freezing up, touching the screen does nothing. I've tried to reboot, I also set back to factory settings and it's still not working. I've had this phone since May 2011. I also have a problem with the ear piece. I had it replaced once about six months ago, it went out again last week. The only way I can talk on the phone is in speaker mode. Sprint is now charging $50 to fix any problems, where before it was $35. They are forcing customers to purchase insurance, so sad. Sprint is going to lose a long time customer. So Frustrated!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO Shift 4G - Touch Screen Frozen

masondixon20,

Thank you for contacting us and we would be happy to help with your device issue.  The description you have provided with what you are experiencing we would recommend allowing an in-store technician to review and perform repairs or if needed a replacement.  You can locate the closest repair center to you here http://www.sprintstorelocator.com make sure to click repair center button to narrow the list to locations that have technicians available.  Do you have Asurion TEP insurance coverage?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

David,

Thank you for your reply, but you've hit another sore subject.  As I understand it, Sprint has increased their repair charges from $35 to $50.  I was told by my local store, that Sprint has increase this cost in an effort to force customers to purchase insurance (about $100) a year.  Very sad that Sprint is taking advantage of it's customers!  They will be losing another customer.

Journeyman

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing. I was hoping I could make it through one more month till my contract is up but it's not gonna happen. I've been with Sprint for 11 years...they'd better bend over backwards to help me out.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat