cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Shift Release - 2.76.651.5 (3.92MB) OTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's up with this?  I've been trying every day in case an update to fix the flawed Sense reloading issue would be released and I see this just now.  The Blog they posted is referencing a different number saying it's an MMS/SMS fix and nothing about fixing the flawed Sense.  Anyone have it yet?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

DaWeavINC,

The official announcement did not mention the HTC sense issue, however a few people who have downloaded the new release have reported they are no longer experiencing the HTC sense reloading bug. So fingers crossed it fixes it.

Journeyman

I got the update and thought the Sense issue was gone too but the white screen just popped up again after I downloaded a new app. Its not happening as frequently as before but unfortunately, it is still happening. But the good news is, they are actually releasing maintenance updates for issues pretty speedily so they are obviously working on resolving issues. (unlike samsung who hasn't fixed any of my wife's issues with her Epic!)

Journeyman

It took them almost a month to fix the HTC reloading issue (Assuming that this even fixes that issue), I wouldn't call that speedy. They need to take a hard look at their QA team, the HTC reloading was a big enough issue that it should have been caught and not released in that state.

Journeyman

The way you guys are complaining it's clear you've never experienced a ****** Samsung phone before.  Keep up the good work HTC!!!

Journeyman

this update gave my phone a really wierd bug. as im typing a text, if i click a certain letter it will send me to an app. for example, sometimes when i hit the g button it will send me to gmail. it can get a little frustrating. the threads still jump to the top every now and then as im texting.

Journeyman

I too was hoping for a fix to the Sense re-load issue.  While it did fix the MMS issue... it has only lessened the Sense issue.  I was ready to ask for a different phone as it was almost unuseable.  I have noticed that since the update the problem is much better; but, it gets worse the more time that had gone by since my last restart.  I do a restart every night and sometimes again in the middle of the day with heavy use, and it seems to minimize the issue.  I would rather see a fix, as I NEVER saw this problem with Froyo.  I like Gingerbread, but would give it up if I could go back to not having this bug...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat