cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Shift suddenly won't send or receive pics via text AT ALL

Journeyman

HTC EVO Shift suddenly won't send or receive pics via text AT ALL

This started about a month ago and it's frustrating. All I get is "Message failed to download" if someone is sending pics (and these have always been from other Sprint phones), or if I am trying to send it comes back in a few minutes "Unable to send after multiple attempts, Generic Network Error". Sprint has had me try to reset my phone, says they checked the setting in the account, nothing has worked so I may have to go into the store. Help?

6 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC EVO Shift suddenly won't send or receive pics via text AT ALL

I got this info from the Android Forum and would suggest you to try these steps.

"Someone sends me an MMS and it says it's downloading (for ages, no matter what I try). At the moment of receipt data was switched OFF and auto-retrieve was set to ON.

2. I switch data ON and it makes no difference

3. I changed my settings so that auto-retrieve is OFF (Messaging->Settings).

4. Going back to the message I'm trying to view, it no longer says 'downloading' - now it gives me an option to download manually.

5. Now I switch data on, click to download the message and it works.

So in short, set auto-retrieve to OFF, and when someone sends you an MMS, switch data ON, then manually download. Auto-retrieve only seems to work if data is switched on at the moment you receive the message.

Similarly for sending: switch data ON before hitting send; if you do it afterwards the message just hangs, and you'll need to delete it and try again."  

I would also suggest you to check if your device has the latest device software.

Let me know.

Abe

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue as is my wife.  We both have EVO 4Gs.  Spent an hour on the phone with tech support and nothing worked.  Is this related to the picture mail web site going away?

I'm supposed to take my phone in to a Sprint store but havent' had time yet.  Honestly, I'm not sure what else they could do since we tried everything with tech support.  I have a case # as well.

Help Sprint!

Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue...it started a few days ago.  Would love to know if someone has found a solution.

Sprint Employee

My wife had a problem with this on her Evo Shift 4G recently, we wereable to recover by clearing data/cache for related apps/processes, mostly those that deal with media/sms/mms, otherwise I'm sure that a factory restore would have cleared it.

Journeyman

my EVO is brand new an i cant recieve or send pictures through text messages!

Sprint Employee

Which Evo do you use, and what happens when you try to send a text message? Or a picture message?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.