cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a problem with their HtC Evo Shift since the last update?

Journeyman

Ever since that last update ive had nothing but problems with my phone. It constantly reboots. i am constantly roaming and its always force closing apps on me. im debating on whether to get my phone replaced but would it be worth it? please help!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

My phone just started roaming, and I cannot send text messages.  I'm trying to find the sprint customer service number to see what they can do.  It's also giving me an error message like Radio Interface shortage everytime I try to send a message.

Journeyman

mine does that too! ive read on here that a lot of people have been having similar problems since the update.

Journeyman

Mine has been doing the roam thing alot, but just yesterday started with the Radio interface shortage - I just thought it was an overload from the earthquake cause it hasn't done it since.  But this roam thing is really aggravating me especially when I am sitting in my living room.

Journeyman

Yeah I've been having the roaming problem too. I feel it can be attributed to the networl vision upgrade sprint is doing on its towers, but I'm not 100% on that. As for the updates I got the latest one, I believe it ends in .5, yet my phone still acts up when I text every so often. The Htc splash screen is still persistent but it is not occurring as frequently.I used to turn off my phone every week or to when I would feel it was sluggish; now I turn it off every 2-3 days to stop the constant reloading. I have an eye out for a possible major update to fix all this but so far I have had no luck.

Journeyman

These are all known issues with the update, and it's more of a "let's bombard HTC with this" situation at this point, because these are issues that are out of Sprint's -significantly- incapable hands.

Journeyman

I got the "Radio Interface Shortage" errors the moment my phone rebooted after the ".5" update.  I am roaming @ work (on Verizon towers)... had service, updated, then no service.

Sprint says that because it's a roaming issue, there is nothing they can do about it.  WTH??  Seriously??  My phone had service here BEFORE the update.

BTW, I still have 3 bars of signal... just no service.  If I try to call my cell from my desk phone, it goes directly to voicemail.  So essentially my cell is useless now when I'm at work.  5 minutes down the road, when the phone switches towers, I get all my voicemails and texts from the day.

For the record, the replacement phone I just received from the Sprint store also suffers from this issue.

Journeyman

I have the "dialer bug" problem

Just eats the battery life.

Journeyman

Pros:

1. I was able to turn off the annoying < 15% "Power Saver" mode.
  2. Flash works on more sites in more situations.

Cons:

1. The Home screen app and Browser appear to take up more memory, causing the Home app to reload a lot more often. It would be nice if I can downsize it to something small enough to never do that, as an option.

Signal has been getting worse over time, but not because of the update. It was getting worse and worse before the update, and I the Sprint 3G network has just continued to nosedive. Independent tests by online publications like PC World confirm this across devices - the Sprint 3G network is worse and worse year over year, regardless of what device has what firmware.

I haven't hit the Dialer bug or Radio Interface Shortage errors - I guess I'm lucky. I have my suspicions my update went better because I waited to install it, did so over consistently available wifi, and while fully charged and plugged in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had NUMEROUS problems since upgrading.  I used to be 100% pleased with my phone.  Upgrading was a bad idea on my part.  You know what they say, "If it isn't broke, then don't fix it!"

Journeyman

Re: Has anyone had a problem with their HtC Evo Shift since the last update?

• I feel your pain along with others for this phone and Sprints unwillingness to do anything about it, I have had my phone replaced one and almost had them replacing it again until I realized its the phone and its Sprint. I have contacted my local Attorney Generals office and issued a complaint against both the phone maker and Sprint. In addition, I have found attorneys who are willing to take a class action lawsuit against Sprint with enough support. You will find me bouncing around in different forums for the Evo shift, letting people know of options we have. I was told in the begining by several Sprint reps, that the problems I was having were isolated and I was almost the only one who was having issues with the EVO shift, until I started doing my own research and looking at the blogs and discussion forums.. Sprint cares nothing about customers.. only their pockets.  Good Luck, in addition.. at least in the Charleston West Virginia area they are taking towers offline which on top of not even having a 4g experience I will be losing coverage, which I was told they are voiding their own contracts by doing so, if you can find out if this is happening in your area, then you will be able to use that against them to drop your contract, because when you sign up with them it says you will have certain coverage in all the places they have to provide, if they take towers offline then they void that contract!! I am urging all EVO shift "4g" users to end their contracts and show Sprint that we are unhappy and we want a fix to this issue now, not later... or we will find a company who has updates that work

Journeyman

Re: Has anyone had a problem with their HtC Evo Shift since the last update?

Same problem. O spoke to sprint store where my phone was replaced and sprint doesn't care about the customer with HCT Evo Shift. My phone for second time has the same problem after an update. I will call my Attorney office.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat