ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot not functioning right since update

Journeyman

Since the update my Hotspot does not function properly 85-90% of the time.  Doesnt matter what website I am trying to get on it will say "cant find server at sprint.com or yahoo.com or facebook.com etc...It is not computer issue. It doesnt matter what computer it is it works fine on any other wifi just not my Hotspot from phone.  What happened???

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

This is the same problem I have had for 2 weeks and still have no answer from Sprint. However, it is not the phone. It has something to do with the DNS server with Sprint

Wizard

Hello,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with the Hotspot, has either one of you tried any troubleshooting yet? If so can you please list what you've done so far, if it just started happening after the update and it appears to be a DNS issue, the update could have changed a network setting on the phone itself, there is troubleshooting steps such as a data restore process we could try. When you lose browsing capability does the computer still show it has a connection to the hotspot network (SSID/Network name you show in hotspot settings)?

Journeyman

I am experiencing this problem also. Where would the steps for the data restore process be found?

Thanks!

Master

I would say powercycle the phone and update the profile(menu-settings-system udpates-update profile and check if you can log into web and connect Mobile Hotspot.Let me know.

Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat