Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix my jumpy, nonresponsive screen?

Journeyman

How do I fix my jumpy, nonresponsive screen?

My screen started acting really weird about a week ago and I though maybe it was because the screen had fingerprints on it.  Now it is so jumpy, non responsive, and moving crap around I am not sure what is wrong.  Anyone have any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Which phone do you have?   Have you tried a battery pull?

Journeyman

I have the HTC Evo Shift 4G.  Got it in December 2011.  Already did a battery pull.  It acts up the most when the key board is slid out.

Master

At this point I would advise that you take it to a service and repair store

Journeyman

I am having the same issues, the screen keeps jumping around, or randomly it acts liks something is clicking on the middle top portion of the screen and it keeps opening apps/slecting random things. I took it in and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I am thinking it is a loose wire or something, if I turn the display off, press down hard on the screen, and turn the display back on it seems to work for a little bit, not long. I am getting so sick of the problem I am looking into trying to replace it.

Journeyman

Mine started doing this right after the last software update came out in February.  I took it into the store, and they assured me it was because my internal memory was low, so I moved as much data and apps to the SD card as possible.  It's still a big problem. 

I can't wait until I can get a new phone.  I've had it with the EVO Shift.

Journeyman

The issue in mine was caused by the ribbon cable inside wearing out.  This is the thrid time it has happened with this phone and it seems to be a common problem with the Shift.  I can't wait to get a new phone and on a new carrier (Sprint support has been lousy, at best).

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat