cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up - the service is horrible

Journeyman

I give up - the service is horrible

I have given this all I can give - but I keep getting bs answers from customer service about the quality of service.  I live in Clearwater, FL and the coverage here just plain sucks.  I am continually dropping calls or not receiving them.  I had to get an Airave in the house to even be able to use the phone.  I am on my second Evo Shift - it is the worst piece of crap phone ever - it just stops working and acts possessed - the screen jumps all over the place, the touch screen doesn't work, it starts randomly dialing people while I'm on a call, it starts dialing people I'm trying to text, I can't answer the phone when calls come it - it's a freaking nightmare.  I was only about 10 days away from finally being able to upgrade when the phone became really unusable - you think Sprint would go ahead and update my move date?  Nope.  Nothing they can do they say - even now only 3 days out and still the answer is NO.  For over $300 a month for several years, with 4 phones and my home phone on the plan, you think they would want to help their customer out.  But nope, all they say is I just have to wait - they even told me to go to the store and pay an early upgrade fee of $100 but when i did ( I need my phone for work!) the store folks said there was no such thing.  OMG - and the coverage??  well, that's an overstatement - there is almost no coverage around Florida and I live in a densely populated area not out in the boonies!  They say - tower upgrades are in progress - really?  For two years?  Work faster. They say they are having network issues - bs.  They just don't want to pay to have the infrastructure to support their customers.  I switched from Verizon because of the high cost with them but I understand now that you do get what you pay for.  It doesn't pay to have a lower bill if you can't use the phone half the time.  It's embarassing to continually drop calls driving through a major city!  Clients are not amused - my wife is not amused - my kids are not amused - I am tired of the poor service and no change in two years from Sprint - read the forums, this is not a new problem yet they still do nothing to improve the service.

So I guess we have to make our own choices and I'd like to stick with Sprint but I see no way to be able to do it based on the poor level of coverage in my area.  And seemingly no effort to upgrade their network.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat