cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to block someone from texting you?

Journeyman

I have a Evo 4g Shift and I will like to know is it possible to block a individual from texting you , So you will not recive there message

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Here ya go:

The next time you get a spam message or you just want to block a new  enemy or annoying family member from texting you, text the words

block [insert number here]

to

.  Within seconds, you'll get a SprintFreeMsg response from the 9999  number confirming that all text messages from the indicated number will  be blocked. You can also text

spam [insert number here]

to

to have Sprint "investigate" the number.

Wizard

I see someone beat me to it while I was typing it out. Oh well, between the two you should be fine.

Journeyman

@ SA_Viper43 and Levi4u Thanks so much, This was really helpful

Master

As far as Spam text send them to 7726, It goes to a national database that the major carriers are strting to use to try help cut down on spam text accross all carriers. It also blocks that number from sending you anymore spam text.

7726 - Report Spam Text Messages

Sprint is conducting a trial with a new system that gives employees and customers with CDMA devices the ability to report SPAM text messages received. Forward any text messages perceived to be SPAM to shortcode 7726 (SPAM) to report it as SPAM.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.