cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Led notification light does not work

Highlighted
Journeyman

On my evo shift why would the sensor to the left of the speaker grill stop flashing for notifications such as sms/mms, missed calls etc. Now that it has stopped, the led under the speaker grill on the right, which was just the charging led,  flashes for my notifications. Because of this, I no longer have two led notification lights so if my phone is charging i now have to turn on my screen to check notifications.

Is this like unheard of to everyone? Ive looked every where about this problem and im not seeing anything at all about anyones proximity sensor ever even flashing for notifications.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

I would go to a Sprint repair center and have them test the phone. This could be software or hardware related. If it is software a reset would fix it. Also you may want to download a different notification program to see if it would step in and make them work again. But the best idea is to let a store test it - they have a machine to diagnose problems like this.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive tried calling Sprint three times. I was told to take the phone to sprint and have them check it out and install a previous software version. I went to sprint told them about my problem an how the tech made a note on my account. they said they did not do that there and said id have to go to the other sprint store down the street. When i got there, they seemed clueless about loading software or anything for that matter manually. Ive tried factory resetting and everything else I can think off. I bought 2 evo shifts last week that had 2.3.3os out of box and a few days later checked for updates. Im not sure what the software number was before but after i updated it was 2.76.651.5(now.6) the same problem is happening with the second shift also.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Led notification light does not work

According to the user manual as quoted below, dated Nov of 2010 so not recently changed, there is but one notification LED.  The "Note" at the bottom clearly states that your LED is working as intended.  The manual incorrectly states that the LED is on the left end of the earpiece; it is actually on the right end.  In my experience, the flashing green "pending notification" only flashes for a short period of time after the screen blanks at the end of the screen time-out period.

"Notification LED

The Notification LED located at the left end of the earpiece provides information on the device status or pending notifications.

LED Status Indication

Solid green Battery is fully charged (when the device is connected to the AC adapter or a computer).

Solid amber Battery is charging.

Flashing amber Battery is low. (Battery power is below 14%.)

Flashing green You have a pending notification (for example, a new message or a missed call).

Note: The indicators are listed in order of priority. For example, if your device is connected to a power adapter and is charging the battery, the LED will be solid amber and will not switch to a flashing green light even if there is a pending notification."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Led notification light does not work

Right, I know what the manual states. But what Im saying is that the actual proximity sensor itself would flash green for all new notifications and the actual led thats under the speaker grill on the right side would only light amber for charging an green for charged when pluged in. Pretty much giving me two notification leds on both of the evo shifts that i bought straight out of the box with 2.3 gingerbread.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat