cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Shift 4G Will Only Charge From Outlet, & Only When Off (Sometimes)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Recently my phone stopped taking a charge from my car charge (Duracell aftermarket), and stopped taking a charge when attached to the wall charger while on.  The only way I can charge it is to turn it off and attach it to the wall charger-- and sometimes even this doesn't work.  I've updated the software, restarted the phone, and changed batteries.  I've started charging the phone while off, then disconnected the charger, turned the phone on, and reconnected the charger.  No solution I've tried so far has worked. 

I don't believe this is a hardware issue, though the intermittent "no charge while off" makes me wonder. 

Are there any know software fixes for this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi,

You might want to have one of our trained techs take a look at the device away, just to make sure.

I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20111118:STORELOCATOR.

Thank you,

----George

Highlighted
Wizard

You might want to try a factory reset.  Make sure you back up everything first so you can restore after the reset; Mybackuppro from the Android market is a good app to back up your data, and of course syncing your mail, contacts, and calendar to gmail is also recommended.  Be aware that if you take your phone to a repair center, the first thing they will usually do is a factory reset, and they will NOT back up your data first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A factory reset did not correct the problem, and all my aps were backed up, but thanks for the thought.  I guess I'll have to find a Sprint repair store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Be prepared for them to tell you its your battery terminal port. Well known defect on the Evo's. My Evo had the same issue. The crooks at $print consider it physical damage and require you to go through the insurance at the tune of $100 for a replacement phone. Obviously I'm not certain thats your issue, but it sounds like what was going on with my phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat