cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone keeps shutting down & restarting...almost non-stop!

Patron

Earlier today my phone randomly started cycling itself on and off. Now it is almost constantly shutting itself down and then powering up only to do it again as soon as the signal is restored. I had difficulty even getting it to dial out earlier but now I don't even get a chance before the 4G appears and it powers down again! It has gone from mildly irritating to down-right maddening. My phone is completely useless at this point. So why is this happening and how can I make it stop?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem!  Did you figure anything out?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: My phone keeps shutting down & restarting...almost non-stop!

Hi guys, sorry for the inconvenience with the phones shutting down & restarting. Our knowledge base states that if the phone is stuck in a continuous loop - we are to refer you to your local Sprint Service & Repair center for further analysis.

But here are some things to try:

• Are you all using an approved battery - the battery that came with the device? If not please purchase an approved battery for the device.
  • Does the issue occur when doing a specific activity or action on the device? If yes or no a software update could resolve the issue - Are you all on the latest software version? Menu > Settings > System updates > HTC software update
  • Did the issue start after an application was installed on the device? If so (and if you can) uninstall the application or uninstall application beginning with the latest one installed and test it out to see if uninstalling the application resolves the issue. Android Market>Menu>My Apps
  • Do you have your information backed up? A factory reset (loss of all data stored on the device including all 3rd party applications) may correct the issue.

Let us know what you guys find out please!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is the battery that came with the phone.

The last install was the system update from Sprint for andriods.

It happens constantly - the only way to stop the rebooting it to remove the battery.

I didn't have a chance to back up before the system update started and following the advice of a post on this board, performed the factory reset and lost everything - still not working - rebooting constantly.

I have an appointment at the sprint store tonight - which is probably going to take forever... I've never gotten in and out of a store for anything in under 3 hours.

This is awful!

Highlighted
Journeyman

To boot - lost all of my contacts and don't know anyone's numbers, because, stupidly, I trusted my phone to be working.  I've learned my lesson... this never happened with my blackberry!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to the sprint store/repair center to no avail - they claim that my phone got wet but I have never spilled anything on my phone or got it wet in any way.  Then their network went down and deferred me to another store in a dangerous neighborhood to get a replacement.  No stores answered the phone and this is ridiculous - have to pay $50 dollars because of the so called water damage and WAIT until they can get me a different phone.  This is so unacceptable.

Highlighted
Wizard

I have been there a few times - stuck with a phone with liquid damage and I know it's not fun and I am sorry for the inconvenience. One time I thought I lost my phone, I looked everywhere for it and could not find it. Finally on the third or fourth time searching through my car I found my phone...inside of a Waterburger cup full of sweet tea! Oops!

I assume that you do not have Total Equipment Protection(TEP) on your account based on the fact that the Sprint store directed you to a Service and Repair center to have a technician determine a resolution (which is the correct process). Is that right? If not - and you are enrolled in TEP - you can Visit Asurion here to file a claim to have the device replaced. There will be a non-refundable deductible per approved claim (either $50 or $100 depending on device - the EVO is $100).

Highlighted
Journeyman

this is for the tech . my shift when i am texting someone it goes into a different screenand then it calls that person by it self while i am trying to tech someone . and then the phone get stuck on the open screen like the espn app and then i hafta take the battery out and put it back it . this all happened after i installed the last update . should i take the update out and now the phone is slower

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat