Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My willingness to deal with this phone and Sprint is nearly at an end

Journeyman

My willingness to deal with this phone and Sprint is nearly at an end

the incredibly annoying HTC Sense lag issue and now a new, unkown battery drain issue that limits my phone to about 8 hrs of standby with virtually no use before it completely runs out of juice has worn me out.

I have tried many if not most of the suggestions for both extending battery life and fixing the HTC Sense issue.  Leaving the Sense issue aside, this battery drain issue is a recent development and I bought one and then TWO $45 spare batteries and had the same result with both: battery life sharply curtailed.  I've visited three different sprint factory stores (where I used to find pretty good service) and am told by the technicians,  as if I am a complete idiot, that the only possible expalnation for battery drain is the battery itself despite my having 3 factory batteries from 3 different lots all showing the same rapid drain , that their only diagnostic tool is to charge the phone and drain it and that the only information they can possibly gain from that experiment is that there is a problem with the battery and they do not have another battery .  Maddening to say the least. 

So I have this expensive phone that at it's best had passable battery life and a pretty good UI, and that now has a dysfunctional and annoying UI and essentially useless battery life that can't be fixed and it is not even 10 months old.  The lack of ability of Sprint to address the Sense issue satisfactorly and my Kafka-like interaction with the technicians at Sprint on the battery issue has made me wonder why I haven't just ditched Sprint and HTC and jumped on the Iphone bandwagon.  I say this as someone who has been reluctant to buy into the Apple mystique, someone who is techinaclly competent and who ahs been an early adopter since the very first walkman came out and who had various Handspring and Palm Treos and the Palm Pre before getting this Evo Shift.  The experience with this phone has been so disappointing and time-consuming for degrading performance especially compared to the Ipad I got well over a year ago that continues to work well and gets better with each update.

I am putting this out here as a last chance for one of the Sprint posters (i've noticed some seem quite helpful) on this board to help solve these issues for me before I cancel my Sprint service (I'll eat the ETF gladly to be free of having to go through the aggravation of Sprint's call centers and technicians) and take my business elsewhere. 

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

I feel your pain along with others for this phone and Sprints unwillingness to do anything about it, I have had my phone replaced one and almost had them replacing it again until I realized its the phone and its Sprint. I have contacted my local Attorney Generals office and issued a complaint against both the phone maker and Sprint. In addition, I have found attorneys who are willing to take a class action lawsuit against Sprint with enough support. You will find me bouncing around in different forums for the Evo shift, letting people know of options we have. I was told in the begining by several Sprint reps, that the problems I was having were isolated and I was almost the only one who was having issues with the EVO shift, until I started doing my own research and looking at the blogs and discussion forums.. Sprint cares nothing about customers.. only their pockets.  Good Luck, in addition.. at least in the Charleston West Virginia area they are taking towers offline which on top of not even having a 4g experience I will be losing coverage, which I was told they are voiding their own contracts by doing so, if you can find out if this is happening in your area, then you will be able to use that against them to drop your contract, because when you sign up with them it says you will have certain coverage in all the places they have to provide, if they take towers offline then they void that contract!! I am urging all EVO shift "4g" users to end their contracts and show Sprint that we are unhappy and we want a fix to this issue now, not later... or we will find a company who has updates that work

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat