Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New pics don't show up on Picture Mail site

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an EVO Shift running Android ver. 2.3

I just noticed when I connected to Sprint.com and navigate to Picture Mail that the most recent pics are when I had my old Palm Pre. I guess it's been close to a year now. The most recent pic from my album has a time stamp of Jul 14, 2009.

One thing I did notice is pictures attached to text messages are showing up OK. It's only the actual pics taken from my phone that won't upload.

Please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Always for immediate assistance go to the top of the page click on My Sprint>>My Account Wait for about 90 seconds and you should see the CHAT button appear next to your login name. Click on the CHAT button for someone to verify your account information and gain access to your account. You can also dial *2 from your handset. On the forums we have no access to your account.

This sounds like the NAI in our system changed and made another picture mail account in our system that is not tied to the number correctly. There are several scenarios to troubleshoot what occurred and to fix it.  To discover exactly what happened would require access to your account and CHAT or just a call to *2 customer care should be able to fix this.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Master

It's working correctly, Pictures you take from your phone do not automatically upload to your picmail account page, Just the ones you send/receive when using picmail. To upload your pics you can send them to yourphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com Also pics not marked to be saved will delete after 60 days unless you sign in and mark them to be saved.

AIRBRAT1990 wrote:

I have an EVO Shift running Android ver. 2.3

I just noticed when I connected to Sprint.com and navigate to Picture Mail that the most recent pics are when I had my old Palm Pre. I guess it's been close to a year now. The most recent pic from my album has a time stamp of Jul 14, 2009.

One thing I did notice is pictures attached to text messages are showing up OK. It's only the actual pics taken from my phone that won't upload.

Please help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No thats not the case. Before, when I had my Palm Pre everytime I would take a picture I would see a copy when I go to the sprint website. I never had to email the pics to see them online.

Highlighted
Master

I'm sorry but that is the case with Androids and also the Palm Pre, I have one and pics do not automatically get sent to your picmail account page. The Palm Pre does not have an "upload to services" option. No Sprint phone that I know of automatically sends them to your picmail account page.

Highlighted

Re: New pics don't show up on Picture Mail site

airbrat1990,

Levi4u is correct. There is no sprint phone that has the capabilities of taking a picture and automatically uploads to the picture mail site. The only way it will go to the picture mail site is if you have an older device you may have had the option to upload and now most of the newer devices will show up on the picture mail site under messages as sent or recieved.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem, but with my saved messages on sprint's website. I click on my saved messages link and click on a specific picture. It brings up a black screen like it's going to enlarge the picture, but it just sits there trying to load for 30+ minutes. I am not having this problem with my inbox or my sent messages, only saved ones. But it's frustrating cause now I have no way to access my older pic messages!! Help!

Highlighted
Wizard

PUNKY182002 sorry having a hard time messaging you back can you please private message me, I'm working on this issue with our picture mail agent..

Highlighted
Journeyman

What do you need to know?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New pics don't show up on Picture Mail site

Did Sprint ever develop an app to upload pictures to the picture mail site from Android handsets? From 2004-2011, the camera phones that I used uploaded a photo to the Picture Mail web site whenever I sent a picture mail. While the messages that I sent were deleted after 60 days, the 600+ pictures that I sent as picture mails during that time are all uploaded on the site in a folder called "Uploads." Once I got the Samsung Transform, I noticed that picture mails that I sent appeared in my Sent Mail folder on the Picture Mail site, but the media itself was not uploaded to the "Uploads" folder. When I log in to the Picture Mail site from a computer, I am able to manually save the pictures attached to my sent mail, but to a different folder. This is inconvenient for a number of reasons. 1) This requires me to remember to do this at least every other month from a computer and 2) I am unable to save pictures to the "Uploads" folder with the hundreds of other pictures I have uploaded over the years that are in sequential order and all are accompanied by the date/time stamp of the time which it was uploaded. Sprint needs to implement the MMS service on Android handsets so that the media attached to picture mails are saved to the "Uploads" folder as on other devices.

Some, if not all, of my previous camera phones had an application to upload pictures to the "Uploads" folder regardless of whether a picture message was sent to a recipient. Something like this would be a better solution than to have to log in to the Picture Mail web site from a computer to manually save media to an alternative folder. It's unacceptable that, after all these years, users are expected to log in to a computer to perform these types of services that were handled solely from the handset for so many years.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat