cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Working Phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Non Working Phone

My Evo shift is not working.. I cant make a call nor access any of my programs...My contract expires on 9/13 so from now until then I am paying a bill for a non working phone.  They tell me I have to pay $100.00 deductible for a refurbished Evo shift... This is Crazzy... I can go to a competor and pick up a phone for free....I've been a customer for 9 years and have insurance on my phone... What is wrong with this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Non Working Phone

Hey there,

I see your post. I do want to help. Do you receive any error messages when you try to do these things with your device? Did you already take it to a store to be diagnosed and that is who told you it would be $100 deductible for a replacement? If you have insurance and you take it to a store, they determine it is not customer damage, they will replace it for free. Also, if your contract is up in September, then you are most like eligible for an upgrade. Have you checked your upgrade date? You can do this by texting the word "upgrade" to 1311. It will reply back with your upgrade date.

Let me know,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Hi Heather, easier said than done.  $100.00 deductible for a refurbished phone that's where I'm at.  After 9 years of a paying customer, wow.. I've done everything I've been told even taken the phone to the store twice.  All I needed was a working phone for a short period of time so i can be eligible for an upgrade and get a working phone after that. But I'm being forced to do something that doesn't make sense, and as a wise consumer I wont. So I'm paying my phone bill so it wont affect my credit for a non working phone. Lots have changed with Sprint, I'll make sure I pay my phone bill and cancel my service Sept 1 and take my money and loyalty elsewhere. Thanks for your reply...I'll make sure I tell my friends and family of my experience with Sprint.

Good morning,

I understand that you are frustrated and I am truly wanting to help you here. If you send me a private message, I can see what option are available for you other than the $100 deductible. There are always options, and with your account in front of me, I can see what your options would be at this time. Send me a private message with your phone number and pin code or answer to your security questions. I'll pull up your account and get back to you shortly.

Talk to you shortly,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Heather, not sure how to send you a private msg. But my phone number is 602.422.0292. 

No worries. You can actually send me a private message by clicking on my Sprint picture on the left handside by my post. Then on the next screen, going to "Send Private Mesage" on the right handside. If you would, please edit your post and remove your phone number since this is a public forum and everyone can see your personal information if you post it on here. I would also need you to include your security information in the private message.

Talk soon,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat