cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receving text messages in Cleveland, OH (44107)

Journeyman

Not receving text messages in Cleveland, OH (44107)

Is anyone else experiencing issues receving text messages in the Lakewood, OH area?  I can send texts (I have send them and people have been able to confirm via Facebook or email that they get them and they try to send one back, but I do not get it until I leave the area), but I cannot receive them at home.  It works fine from my office location in Independence, OH.   I called tech support last night and they sent some refresher signals to my phone, which did not help at all.  If I make an outgoing call, the texts start to trickle in, but even that "fix" is sporadic at best.  I hate to do a factory reset if that is not going to make a difference.

21 REPLIES 21
Wizard

Re: Not receving text messages in Cleveland, OH (44107)

Brokein02,

Thanks for your Community post. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this issues is causing you, and I am happy to look into this matter further. To pin point the precise towers you are accessing, may you please provide your zip code and cross streets.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

44107 Madison Avenue and Bunts Road in Lakewood OH. 

Journeyman

Having same problem in Lakewood.

Journeyman

I'm glad it's not just me.  It started on Monday for me.  I work in Independence and everything works great there!  Stopped in a Sprint store today, they did a factory reset. I've called tech support every day this week - nothing they have attempted worked. Supposedly they are working on a tower near here and its to be restored within the next 72 hours - I won't hold my breath.  I am quite sure I will be calling tech support again tomorrow and get yet another different answer! Once the Galaxy S4 hits Verizon I think I might be jumping ship!

brokein02,

Thanks for the information, I don't see any network outages in the area. When you called tech support did they mention creating a network ticket for the issue? Just so I can have a better understanding, this only happens in your home? What happens once you set foot outside?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

ImFasko,

I understand how frustrating this must be, can you provide the nearest intersection to your location?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I asked if they would create a ticket and to give me the number.  I was told by Eddie (no last name) that there would not be a ticket created because they have my address on file.  This is not acceptable as I have called tech support every night this week and am constantly given the run around. It happens all around Lakewood, OH and the near suburbs (West Park, Rocky River).

Intersection is Richland Ave and Madison Ave.  It works fine 15 miles from here at my office,  This hasn't been resolved and it has been going on for a week now.  I know I'm not the only one with this problem. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. same time frame... thanks for the heads up on dialing out.  117 & 

Edgewater

Journeyman

I was over in Rocky River last night and didn't have a single problem until I got into Lakewood again.  I just got off the phone with advanced tech support.  They are going to send me an Airave and see if that helps the issue at all.  Drawback is they said it will take 5-10 days for it to ship to my house.  I will for sure post an update and let everyone know if that solves the issue for me!

Journeyman

zip 44107, cross streets Clifton/Nicholson.

Supposedly, there was a tower completely out on March 28, but that was days ago, and this was also supposedly fixed.

Same issues here. Unable to recieve CALLS & TEXT anywhere in Lakewood, since March 31 pm. When I drive to the shoreway, or over the bridge into Rocky River, all of my messages and voicemails come flooding in. However, I am able to get internet services no problem.

I have also talked to tech support, and here is what they will advise you to do, which WON'T work:

-Delete all of your text messages. NOPE

-Update your current software/firmware. NOPE.

-Power down your phone and pull out your battery. NOPE.

-Go to a service center and do a factory reset on your phone, which means you will have to reinstall all of your software, and relogin to all of your accounts, etc. ALSO DOESN'T WORK.

------------------------

Finally they gave me a ticket number, stating that at 1030am on Weds April 3, they were going to send a tech out to check all of the towers. The results could take 48-72 hours, and they would respond to me with their findings via email. it has been 47 hours thus far, and I'm stuck helplessly waiting as are you all.

Journeyman

When I am on the 490 Bridge heading to 77 that's when mine pour in.  I was also told that a tech was out on April 3rd to check the towers but they told me that nothing was wrong with them.  You would think they would make this a priority given numerous people in a tiny 5.6 square mile city are all having the same issue.  A similar problem happened to me in July of 2012, only I couldnt receive texts in my old office downtown but I could at home.  I wish I could remember how long it took them to resolve that issue.  I know for sure it was a week, I think approx 10-14 days I had to deal with it. 

Let me know if anyone hears yet another update and I'll do the same!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat