cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receving text messages in Cleveland, OH (44107)

Journeyman

Re: Not receving text messages in Cleveland, OH (44107)

I'm out of contract. Is anyone else?? My contract expired in Feb, and I am month to month. I wonder if this is a way Sprint is trying to push me/us out if we haven't renewed the contract?

Still no response to the ticket I filed on the 5th, however there was a weekend stuffed in there I realize...

I was curious if anyone was behind on their bill?

Over the summer I was 2 months behind and my service suddenly stopped in a similar fashion. This time, I was 1 past and 1 current bill behind when my service was disrupted. I've since paid both bills. However, contrary to the last time... I have yet to have my services restored.

Still checking my texts in Ohio city, and rocky river.

Journeyman

My contract was up in February also, but I didn't want to renew then because I was waiting on the S4...

Saturday I ran errands all over Lakewood including the Giant Eagle at Bunts/Detroit and did not have a single issue until I hit right near my house.  I purposely was in constant text contact with a few friends to test it all out.  It's strange though, I haven't moved in years, nothing in my house has changed and suddenly Monday April 1 was when the text problems occured.  Shortly after the problem with receiving texts occured I would have 4 bars then 3 then none and it has been fluctuating ever since.  I like the price that I pay now which is why I came over to Sprint from Verizon, but I'm reluctant to renew and get locked into another 2 years if this is going to be an ongoing problem.

Airave signal booster is supposed to arrive at my house today according to FedEx tracking...Here's hoping that takes care of my issue and then you all can contact them and they should be able to help you out. 

Journeyman

Hi all! I just wanted to update everyone...TEXT SUCCESS!!!!

Airave has been installed I am receiving text messages EVERYWHERE in my house again!  It appears that is the solution! Since I was having the issues in my house and no where else they sent it to me free and the service is free, so you might wanna look into that! 

Journeyman

Ridgewood and Franklin. My ticket number is 195 253 85-130403. I was told id be contacted within a max of 72 hours and I have not received any contact from anybody. Still having this problem.

Journeyman

Hi ImFasko,  Not sure you you caught my post from last night...Sprint sent me an Airave (signal booster).  I called them last Friday morning and I got the Airave via UPS on Tuesday evening.  I got it connected last night and it was the first time since April 1 that I have been able to receive text messages while in my house.

Journeyman

I live in Lakewood near Bunts on Wascana between I-90 and Madison... experiencing same issues regarding texts showing up late on HTC evo.  Seems like a couple of weeks now.  While away from Lakewood service seems fine, but not at home or a local restaurant or a local store or the park...  My friends on Hopkins experiencing the same issues with their android phones, but apparently no discernable issue on iPhone. (?)  I don't have internet wi-fi at home so my guess is an Airave won't work for me.

Regardless, this is ridiculous and Sprint needs to own up to whatever it is that's going on here and resolve it immediately.  Paying nearly $200/month on 3 phones that are practically useless at home is NOT good customer service!

Journeyman

The problem isn't the general connectivity in my house, its more the majority of Lakewood.

Journeyman

Its not a signal booster. It uses the internet service you have and pay for under a separate contract with ATT or Warner or whoever as a substitute for the service u pay Sprint for that they no longer are willing to provide. Anotherway to put it is your Internet Serviceprovider is being screwed by Sprint and so are you.....and me....since I have one too....LO

Journeyman

I also live in lakewood near Madison and Bunts and have been having this issue since Monday april 1. Only happens in lakewwod in what seems to be a few mile radius, and anywhere else the phone works flawlessly but this is still unacceptable for the fact that i can not be reached unless i consistantly make outgoing calls to receive my texy messages, but does absolutly no good for all of the phone calls i miss. I have been contacting sprint every day and its the same story, there was a malfuntioning tower and it has been fixed and service should return to normal tomorrow, well it has been almost two weeks now. I just want answers and my phone to work the way it should for the price i pay. SPRINT needs to fix this.

Journeyman

@ jackbooted: Well ok THAT is interesting since they are all about preaching it's a "signal booster" gotta love it!

@ SP3184: Hi neighbor!! Yep that is exactly the same date mine crapped out on me.  I also had been calling them at least once a day every day and got the exact same answers you are.  They never even suggested the Airave I HAD TO!! So you might want to go that route if you have broadband internet at home, I haven't had an issued since I hooked mine up Wednesday.  Ah well my contract expired back in February so it is just a wating game for the S4 to come out then I can shop around!  EXACT same problem happened to me back in July when I worked downtown.  I couldn't receive texts at the office, but I could at home.  2x in less than a year is 2x too many if you ask me!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat