cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not charging

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone not charging

Has anyone else had an issue with their phone not charging? 

I own two chargers for my phone- the one that came with the phone and one I purchased at a Sprint store specifically for this phone.  The one that came with the phone will randomly stop charging the phone after I've plugged it in.  The light will go out and the battery will stop moving- sometimes it starts charging again, sometimes it does not.  If i try to plug it into my computer and select (charge only) it will work for a period of time, but frequently I get a message on my computer indicating the USB devise is not recognized and then my phone stops charging

When I use the charger i purchased at the sprint store the charge light comes on for a period of time, but after a few minutes turns off.  I started havign issues with both chargers at the same time, so think its a phone issue.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?  Is there anything I can potentially do to fix my phone w/o going into a sprint store?T

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Phone not charging

kam_gray,

In regards to your charging issues, if you have tried two different chargers and you are getting the same result, chances are that it may be a port issue and that matter would have to be addressed at a Sprint Service and Repair location. You may also, if you have one available, try a different battery just to check.

Markie_B

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I just got a replacement phone, because my touch screen whacked out on me.  The new phone will not charge.  I took it back to Sprint and was told I needed a Sprint charger.  I bought a $40.00 Sprint charger.  This morning I pick up the phone from the charger and it's DEAD.   This is so frustrating. 

Journeyman

I am having the same problem with my HTC EVO Shift 4G. For me this problem has become very troublesome around June 20, 2012. For a little background history I upgraded to the HTC EVO shift as soon as I was able to back in 2010 I believe, since then I have had the first device replaced through Sprint Customer Service due to constant rebooting problems. No matter what I would do whether it was email, text messages or surfing the web as soon as I would hit the back button or the home button my device would reboot. After hard resets over the phone with tech support and due to the distance between my home and the closest repair store a replacement order was processed for me by the tech that I was speaking with over the phone. My replacement arrives and I use it with few problems for a time until the touch screen starts to "act up" on me. I was having problems unlocking the phone because the touchscreen was not recognizing that I was touching it, at other times I could open the app menu and the device would start opening different apps as if I had chosen to open them, all without me touching anything on the screen. After calling into customer service and being transfered to tech support a replacement was ordered for me as this was determined to be caused by a software defect as the # code to open a diagnostic menu for a hard reset did not work. I am now on my third EVO Shift and straight out of the box the headset jack did not work properly, it would cut in and out everytime I tried to use it. I have had slight problems with the rebooting mainly if I have an app open for more than 60 seconds, and now it will not charge properly. I have multiple home and car chargers that I have used. My wall chargers will rarely if ever charge the phone and only one of my car chargers will work decently. My device will charge for a few minutes and stop, other times the charging indicator light will be on but the battery indicator on screen will show that it is not charging and the battery level will not go up. I have made multiple calls to customer service and have gone into a repair store to have my phone looked at. The repair store refused to even do any tests to the phone to see if this problem may be caused by the battery, charging port, software, or if all of my charges may be bad as the tech at the store claims that the ESN for this device shows a "previous" (key word here is previous) report of the phone being damaged beyond repair. The reps at this store all claim that they did not put this flag on my account and that they are unaware of why the phone would be flagged as such, apparently they did not see any indication on the phone when they had it in hand that it would be considered to be DBR. I was advised to contact customer service and inform them that because this is a refurb that I have and because the device is not truely DBR that I would need to get the flagged removed in order to either have the phone repaired or replaced. This has started a process that is still continuing today. When I call customer service and inform them of what the store told me I get directed to go to a store or to file an insurance claim that they can not assist me because of the DBR, now no one previously mentioned anything about a DBR being on my device. Now as I have had problems with each HTC EVO Shift I do not feel that I should be forced to file a claim only to recieve another one for $100. I have had call backs from supervisors from Sprint scheduled and as of yet I have had one call back and during the course of that call another one was set for today at 6:00 PM CST it is now 7:27 PM CST and I am still waiting. I did have one rep that was willing to do an exchange for me right over the phone but because this is considered a multi exchange contact needed to be made to another department that was currently closed at that time and she said she would send an email to her supervisor to call me back when he came in as his shift hours were scheduled to start at the same time that the multil exchange department would be opening so that we could get the order finished and I would be able to recieve a different device due to the multiple problems I have had with this particular model.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat