cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone suddenly stopped working

Highlighted
Journeyman

My evo shift just stopped working for no reason this morning. The screen flickers when on and the touchscreen doesnt work at all, so I can't do ANYTHING with the thing. I've taken the battery out, charged it, nothing makes a difference. The only thing that works is turning the screen off and on with the button on the top of the phone. Is there anything I can try or what?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

You can try a fastboot by using hard keys -

To reset the Evo Shift properly:

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC Shift is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Fastbook by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
  8. Do not select Clear Storage - you will erase device if you do so

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Take it in to the sprint store to get fixed. I posted a thread not too long ago about this same issue. What you are describing is how my phone started out and it just go progressively worse until my screen did not work at all. I took it in to the sprint store, they looked at it and said it would be a free repair since it was a phone defect. It takes a few days for them to receive the part, so go asap. Funny that the day I went someone else was in the store with the same phone and same problem haha. Cool thing is that they replace the whole screen portion of the phone, so my phone looks brand new, no scratches or anything!

Journeyman

Larry thanks for the suggestion, that didn't do anything, though.

HaLo I'm gonna have my wife come get it and drop it off at the store....I hope mine is free too because I never buy those "extended warranty"/"protection plan"  gimmicks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat