cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifts Gingerbread update: loading issues.

Journeyman

When I read that the Evo Shift's official Gingerbread update was available for download, I couldnt get to the"system updates" option fast enough. I gleeflully downloaded the upgrade over a secure wifi network without problems or interuptions. From start to finish the whole upgrade took about a half hour and I spent the following few hours customizing every options I could.

For the most part, everything has been pretty solid. The phone flies through daily navigation, the new skins look great, and the quick start up is a welcome change to the three minutes it took to wake on Froyo. BUT whenever I finish web browsing the phones goes into the white HTC screen and then takes about ten seconds to load my homescreens. I have done everything in order to figure out why it does this, so far I have deleted all potentially hazardous apps, updated my profile, did a power cycle, and even went through a factory reset just in case something malicious was still on the sd card. 

Nothing has changed, every time I exit the web browser I get the white screen and a loading delay.

I am out of ideas, anybody have the same issue/found an answer?

Thanks,

John

21 REPLIES 21
Wizard

Hello!

It sounds like you ran through the tests to elimate the usual suspects for something like this. I haven't heard of this issue yet (new release and all), but it sounds like Sense is restarting itself for whatever reason when you exit the browser.

Does it seem to make any difference on how you exit the browser?

Any else having this issue? Feel free to chime in! The more examples we have, the quicker we can find a resolution for this. Thanks!

Journeyman

Re: Shifts Gingerbread update: loading issues.

hello! i too have this problem of htc sense constantly restarting,  (the white htc screen, followed by 'loading') and have seen many other  on other forums such as SU, AC, and phandroid. on those other forums, it  was suggested to leave certain applications by using the back or return  soft key opposed to the home key. this has not worked for me and other  users as well. it not only restarts after leaving a browser, but after  leaving any application, like text messages, emails, my dolphin browser,  tweetdeck, and even when awaking my phone, etc. it was happening almost  85% of the time, and while 15 seconds doesnt seem that long, it really  is when its almost everytime i want to do something.

i really am hoping they send out some kind of update to fix this  minor yet very annoying bug, because aside from this, i really enjoy the  new update. for now though, i installed go launcher and installed a  cool looking theme so i dont have to deal with the sense issue, but  would love to switch back once the issue is resolved.

Journeyman

I have looked at some other forums/blogs and the only thing that is similiar is the issue with the homescreen button. I dont think Sense reboots every time i press the capacitive button but ill keep on eye it to be sure. Could this be a problem with loading the skins or from the web browsers cache being too large?

Journeyman

I agree, taking fifteen seconds to reboot after almost every application is obnoxious. Has golauncher been a decent temp fix?

Journeyman

GOLauncher is wonderful especially the new 2.32 Beta

Journeyman

That does seem to be the cause but I am on AOSP 2.3.4 , I moved away from Sense . It looks good , but kills the phone's resources .Even after System Apps were removed , the phone is still laggy ; it seems that Sprint has once again messed up this update

Wizard

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/303409#303409

I set up a consolidation thread above for all these issues. Please post there.

Journeyman

mine does the same thing the only thing that doesnt cause my phone to load to the home screen is the stock browser

Journeyman

Exact same problem for me. Turning off the phone and taking out the battery for a few minutes fixed the problem for about 15 min and it came back. Pretty obnoxious.

Sprint Employee

please post back with the amount of internal storage free, which skin you use, if you are using a live wall paper, which widgets you have in the currently selected Scene, and which apps are running when this occurs. this will be basic information that I can use to try to duplicate this condition more easily so it may may be reported and with hope quickly resolved.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I have the same issue as the others. I turned off live wallpaper and it still happened with and without it on. My widgets are the winamp 4x2 music player, Business Calendar, HTC news stream, Friendstream and the HTC sense clock and weather. I've tried clearing out the internal memory of many apps. I'm now with 123mb of free space. I use the metal skin. Apps I have running are clock, Talk, messages, and settings and stock browser. I only have the mobile network on. Everything else is off. It seems that when I use the home button to exit, it happens more often, and then the back button starts to cause the loading screen too.

Hope this helps. It's a great phone and it drives me nuts with loading times. Best of luck!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat