cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior with SMS

Journeyman

I've witnessed a variety of quirty behaviors over the past year when trying to us SMS on my Evo Shift 4G.  Most of it seemed errative and random, but lately, I've noticed some patterns and repeatable issues.  One of them is as follows...

Anytime I am typing a text message using the slide out keyboard, whether responding to a text or composing a new one, when I type the letter S (upper or lower case), it immediately saves the message to drafts.  I can't complete the text.

If I do the same thing using the touch screen and not the slide out keyboard, it works fine.

Today, I downloaded and installed another SMS program (Go SMS Pro), thinking that would get around the problem.  But, I get the exact same behavior.  And, strangely enough, as the draft is saved in Go SMS Pro, the next screen I see is the messages list in the native Android Messages app.

Any suggestions, anyone?  I've seen lots of other strange behavior noted by others, but nothing exactly like this.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Hi,

Have you gotten a chance to visit a store? If not,

I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:TW:20120206:STORELOCATOR.

----George

Journeyman

I have not been in for this particular issue, so I will give it a try.

Highlighted
Wizard

LMAURICEC, visiting the sprint store is always a good idea, but I wanted to ask have you checked out your Quick launch keys to see if this is the source of the error? Quick launch is a functionality built into the Android OS where you can assign macro like functions to the keys on the hardware keyboard. You can access these settings from the home screen by tapping menu > Setting > Applications > Quick launch. From here you can see all the keyboard shortcust assigned to the your keyboard keys. With a long-tap you can disable the chosen Quick launch shortcut. -T.

Journeyman

Bingo!  You nailed it!!  PhysicsGuru, you are a guru indeed. 

Problem resolved.  Thanks for making this major annoyance go away.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat