cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msg Crashes When I use Keyboard & type >160 characters

Journeyman

When I am using the keyboard to type a text message the program crashes and sends me back up to the first message in the text chain.  I have visited a store 3 times, with the last time saying my phone was broken and they ordered me a new one.  I have the new (to me) phone and it has the same problem.  In addition, sometimes it doesn't wait till the 160th character and just crashes after a few seconds. 

I have updated to Android 2.3.3, HTC Sense Version 2.1, Software No. 2.76.651.6

This is driving me insane.  Any help would be appreciated, but if I am told to hard reset my phone one more time I am going to go mad.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

After going to the Sprint store three times, having them tell me it was an issue with my phone and then replacing it, I think I actually found the problem.  When you use the swype input method it clashes with the keyboard, causing messenger to crash.  This doesn't cause an issue on anything else (google, microsoft email, etc).  Is there a way to update this?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat