Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to Email Address

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Text to Email Address

With all my other phones, if I typed in someones name, I would have the option to send to any phone number or email adresses connected to them. With my Evo Shift 4G, when I type in a persons name from the text message screen, I only get phone numbers to appear. Do I have something set up wrong? I can't even click on the persons email address under thier primary data and get an option to send a text to the email address...I only get an option to send an email...which isn't what I always want to do. What am I doing wrong??????????????????????????????????  I don't want everyone to have my email account so I don't want to go to my gmail and send a message from there.....

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Text to Email Address

I checked the info on HTC Evo phone, in order to get the email/phone number and other info when you send text message, need to make sure that all info need(email/ phone numbers) to be updated to  that  specific contact.

Journeyman

Text to Email Address

Start from People instead of the Text Messaging app. You'll have the option to contact your contacts however you like by pressing and holding on their name. Email, call, text - whatever contact info you have saved for them.

Journeyman

Text to Email Address

When your in the messaging app's compose message window, tap the little person head icon at the top right corner to bring up your list of contacts.  Then with the default phone number only contacts list showing, just tap the menu button and select 'Show Email'.  Enjoy!

Journeyman

Text to Email Address

Thank you so much!! Thank you to everyone who answered, but this is def. the easiest- thank you so much.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat