cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen unresponsive

Highlighted
Journeyman

Touchscreen unresponsive

After this recent update my phone started going downhill it started with my phone would cut in and out during phone calls until i couldn't hear anyone at all unless it was on speaker then the touchscreen started being unresponsive until recently where i cant do anything not even unlock my phone to do anything so if i factory reset it i would loose everything and looking online i'm seeing that a few people are having the same issues after the update so i doubt that its my phone itself but the update anyone able to find a quick fix so i can at least back up my phone before i reset it?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Touchscreen unresponsive

If you have a memory manager or task killer installed, you may need to make sure you whitelist appropriate services and apps. I found a couple of apps that also interfered. Wish I had kept a record. The update has not been a problem.

Journeyman

Touchscreen unresponsive

Exact same problem. I have no apps, tried to reset it and it didnt fix anything.

Journeyman

Touchscreen unresponsive

Same issues here plus several more.  ONLY since the recent updates.  Literally, the issues started the moment the update finished and the phone restarted.  I had cell service, the update completed, and then the phone would NOT reconnect to the cell network even though I still had 3 bars.  Sprint CS walked me through several battery pulls, update PRL, update Profile... they pinged the phone with network updates... I even did a factory reset.  No change.

Been complaining to Sprint for 3 weeks, with no resolution.  The problems DID get worse over time, and the phone finally nuked itself this past weekend.  Unrecoverable.

Journeyman

Touchscreen unresponsive

UPDATE - I took my phone in and they had to just replace it with a new one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat