cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring contacts from broken phone to working phone

Journeyman

Transferring contacts from broken phone to working phone

So basicly my Evo shift died on me this morning. I had juts had the screen repaired last week at a local sprint store. Now it wont even turn on. Called sprint like 6 times, they are gonna send me a new phone. Anywhoo in the mean time Im using my old Rumor touch so I wont be without a phone for several days. Problem is I have no contacts on this phone, and now im worried when I do aticvate the new evo I wont be able to retrve any of my conatcts to the new phone. I use this phone for buiness and Im planning a wedding so I have alot of important numbers on it. I did remove the sim card from it and put it in the romor. But if my contacts are saved on there how do I get them on my rumor. Please any help would be great.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES
Master

Re: Transferring contacts from broken phone to working phone

The simple answer is that your evo backs up its contacts to Gmail  When you get the new device in a day or two  you will be able to put your gmail on the new device and they will sync over   or you can import from the card.  Bad news is the rumor and the EVO are completely different operating systems and you can import the contacts off the sd card.

However you can go to Gmail on a computer and get the contacts you need there

Highlighted

here's the instructions on how to import or export your contacts using sd card, but these are for android devices only bud.

• HTC
    • Export
      1. Select Home > People.
      2. Select Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD card.
      3. When asked to confirm, select OK.
    • Import
      1. Select Home > People.
      2. Select Menu > Import/Export > Import from SD card.
Journeyman

Go to your Gmail account and export the contacts to a file on your computer. Sign up for Wireless Backup on your phone. Then access Wireless Backup at https://wirelessbackup.sprint.com/signon.do. I am not sure, but I think it allows you to import contacts. Then they will sync with your phone.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Bob_McNoodlie you are correct.

H81112 - the only contacts that are backed up to your gmail are those that you actually saved to your gmail on the phone. When you add new contacts to a phone, customers have a couple of option on how they can save. If the option to save to phone are selected, then those contacts are lost. Log into your gmail account and export your contacts and save in CSV file format. Then you can subscribe to Wireless Backup as Bob mentioned and import your contacts saved in the CSV file. Send me a private message if you need assistance with backing up your contacts.

Wizard

You need the free Lookout Mobile Security.  Anyone not having one is...well... *ahem*...lets just not go there. 

New phone.  Redownload Lookout.  Click to Backup.  Ta da! 

Journeyman

Have you tried taking your broken phone to a Sprint Store?  When my wife's phone broke after a number of years usage (it was a flip phone and the hinge literally fell apart), the people at our local Sprint Store were able to rescue her contacts from the broken phone and transfer them to her new phone.

Wizard

H81112, what's your status? were you able to recover your contacts?

Journeyman

yes i just need to transfer everything over to new phone from my old phone.

Journeyman

No, it is a Sanyo SCP 3810 Phone. New and Old phones are the same.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.