cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN not working when using Sprint cellular network?

Highlighted
Journeyman

VPN not working when using Sprint cellular network?

Notes:

I have tested and verified this issue on at least 2 Evo Shifts.

Connecting to VPN is successful in these scenarios (successfull login has been verified with our VPN administrators.)

Issue:

Network connectivity is LOST when connected to a VPN via the standard cell network. (VPN logs indicate successful login & logoff, but no network activity or traffic.)

Network connectivity works fine when NOT connected to a VPN.

When connected to a VPN via local WIFI, network connectivity works great. (VPN logs indicate successful login & logoff, and also network activity.)

Questions:

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Is anything being done to correct this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Proxy. Search this forum for proxy and how to modify the settings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a MAJOR failure of Sprint and Google.  VPN services have never been avaialable on the Android platform to my knolwedge and if you search Google you will find threads of complaints going back almost TWO years now.  The most disappointing issue is the refusal of either Sprint or Google to accept responsiblity.  Something that is needed to build any kind of quality relationship in Community.

Very, very poorly handled by all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GRichardson, search this section for Proxy - VPN works, you just have to change some settings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Soop, your post does not address the issue at hand. What if we have no available proxy to connect to? WHY should we have to connect to a proxy in the first place? Answer me those questsions, let alone the initial question, rathern than having us "search the forums" for vague terms.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Because a proxy isn't necessary, and I'm trying to help you. Searching instead of ranting would have already solved this for you. But feel free to keep ranting here - this is my last post in this thread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Soop,

You may be referring to the Sprint proxy that kills XM/Sirius streams on the cell net.  The fix for that is to change rtsp proxy to 0.0.0.0 and rtsp proxy port to 0 - however that is the extent of the fix.  It does nothing for VPN PPTP connects which remain an issue for Sprint and Google to take responsibility for.  Hate to harp on it,  but before you can fix mistakes - you gotto accept them.  Don't take -- steps to figure that out;)

rc

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat