Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Text Glitch on My Shift.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

i feel like i shouldnt have to do that tho. i feel if pay good money for a product that is fualty and sprint has no problem selling it to you but when it comes to swaping it for a diffrent model they want nothing to do with it. sprint has the worst customer service i have ever recevied in my life. and as far as this phone gose. i jus downloaded that handcent and well see how it works but like i said i shouldnt have to.

Wizard

Why should Sprint replace the phone for you? The replacement would do the exact same thing. It's an issue with the built-in software that HTC provided, and HTC is working on a fix for it. If you can't wait for that, then use a third-party messaging app. They work just as well or better than the default one.

Soopahman - It happens to my phone breaking all of your conditions you mentioned. It is on threads with only 10-15 messages, losing focus happens even on new threads - which could be related to loading old messages too, since it tries to load them but there's nothing to load.

Journeyman

And now, in addition to this text mess (ever since the new 2.3.3 Android software came out), I get the annoying HTC logo and the spinning wheel that says "loading" for AT LEAST 10-15 sec every time i switch from any app, service, widget etc. So annoying and SLOW now!

Wizard

That is being worked on, HTC is aware of the problem and is creating a fix. The task manager built into the phone is shutting down HTC Sense (the desktop program) when too much memory is used for other apps. You can avoid it for now by holding down the Home button to switch between recent apps, or by dragging down the notification bar and choosing apps from there. This saves most people from having to go to the home page 60-75% of the time since that has the last 8 apps used in each list. It's not a fix, but it helps in the meantime.

Journeyman

I agree that it stinks to have to do it, but I put the HANDCENT app on my phone for text messaging, and have not had any typing glitches at all. Once you set it all up, it's easy to use and more customizable.. between fixing this and the loading issue, it's like i have a new phone!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat