cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't my phone connecting to my computer?

Journeyman

Why isn't my phone connecting to my computer?

I just got a new Htc shift and it isnt connecting to my computer and i have no idea why. My last htc shift connecting all the time. When I plug my new one in all it does is charge, no mounting options pop up in the notifications so i went to "connect-to-pc" and set it to disk drive but it still only chargers. So I turned off my phone and made sure everything was fine with the sd card and I turned off my computer but still it only chargers. I dont know what else to do

3 REPLIES

Re: Why isn't my phone connecting to my computer?

Can you please make sure USB debugging is unchecked. Go to menu, settings, applications, development and make sure USB debugging is unchecked then go back and retry to connect and see if it gives the option to use disk drive.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

Having the same problem with my EVO Shift as well. I power up SYNC and it doesn't see that my Shift is connected by USB cord. When I check explorer both SYNC and the phone are seen by my laptop. SYNC did work inconsistently before for me but hasn't now for at least two weeks.

Journeyman

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have restarted my phone, removed & reinstalled the battery & SD card.  I have enabled and disabled USB debugging.  I have mounted and unmounted my SD card, I have attempted 3 differnet USB cables and 2 different PCs (XP & 7) both front and back ports.  I have 100% updated my software and I am still not able to have my phone drive discovered.  My HTC EVO 3D has no issues connecting with any of the cables or to any of the PCs attempted.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks