cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i recieve bill credit

Journeyman

can i recieve bill credit

my phone is dammaged beyond repair. the staff at the local sprint store says it will take 3 days to recieve a replacement phone. will i recieve a bill credit for the 3 day wait?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: can i recieve bill credit

We do not normally give credit for downtime caused by device issues, only tower outages and such. Sorry about the inconvenience!

-Donnie

Journeyman

this is the third time  i have been through this with this same brand phone in less than a year. its obvious these phones are defective. why wont sprint allow me to replace this phone with a diffrent kind but of same value? its almost like being punished for picking a bad phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

Normally damaged beyond repairis indicative of a physically damaged device, as opposed to something out of the user's control like a manufacturer's defect. I've not seen anything from Evo Shift users to indicate there's an unusual amount of device issues.

To answer your question, we do not normally replace phones for different models because of the high cost associated with the replacement as well as the likelihood of customers to abuse this type policy. We had such a policy in the past and had to change it due to the number of replacements that we were shipping. Most of our devices do come with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty that cover's manufacturer's defects, but it only covers replacements for the same model. Total Equipment Protection also only covers for replacements of the same model. There are rare circumstances that warrant a different model device, such as being out of stock of the user's original device. I know how frustrating it can be when a phone breaks, but in my honest opinion, the Evo Shift is a great phone. I hope you have better luck with your next one!

-Donnie

Journeyman

Are you kidding me? You don't give bill credit for "device issues??" I've been without a phone for a week and a half because I took it into a repair center and they promised me a replacement would be sent. It has been over a week because the phone is backordered. Why the f*** should I pay a bill when your company gave me the run-around in terms of getting my device on time!? If I had known it was going to take this long I would have filed insurance!!!

Journeyman

Because it's considered customer's responsibility to maintain a device thats working on the network. Not saying it's your fault, but this is the fact. There is always a 5% failure rate when it comes to production of electronic devices, so it's just bad luck really.

My evo shift works perfectly, and I beat the crap out of everything I own. If it still works after a couple years, thats how I know its a good product. =D

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat