cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get EV-DO on shift even though im in area with EV-DO

Journeyman

my phone is stuck on the 1X-RTT but my brother's HTC Hero picks up EV-DO when we're in the same areas (home is sheboygan, wi). How do I fix this? I can't even watch youtube or any streaming video because its so slow, and webpages are slow. I'm not getting my money's worth, and its frustrating!

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Try removing the battery for 1 minute and then update the data profile.  menu> settings> system update> update profile.

See if that does not correct the problem

Journeyman

no its still stuck in 1xRTT...thanks for trying though...

Journeyman

so i went to the sprint store...the lady there basically updated profile but phone's still the same..she said it doesn't make a difference 1x vs EV because its 3g, but I'm pretty sure it does because the data speed on the Hero way outpaces the Shift's...thoughts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, that's all hogwash since it seems you have the same thing I had.  After the OTA update, my Evo Shift was STUCK in 1xRTT as well and would never go into EVDO Rev.A.  Took two trips to the darn incompetent Sprint service center and two calls to Sprint tech support before these knuckleheads finally replaced the darn hardware failed phone.  Sprint really sucks since they replaced it with a RECONDITIONED phone which had more time and minutes on it than the phone I had!  You would think that if the flipping internal RADIO is broken that Sprint and HTC would consider that a warranty replacement and give me a brand NEW phone, but alas they did not.  So, I'm considering just getting the iPhone on another network since the wireless carriers and 3rd party junk manufacturers (other than Apple) do not support what should be a one year hardware warranty replacement due to hardware failures.   ANYWAY, do this;  open the phone application and enter this phone number; "##33284#" which brings up the 'Field Trial' application.  Then tap 'EVDO Engineering' and see if you have "FAILED" in every category which is what my Shift had.  If so, then show that to those incompetent Sprint service center knuckleheads.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat