cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my voicemail messages are being rerouted

Highlighted
Journeyman

my voicemail messages are being rerouted

Something really strange started happening with my voicemail messages a few days ago. I have an HTC Evo Shift. Whenever I receive a voicemail message, it usually just goes into my voicemail box and I can go directly in and listen to the message. Now, what is happening is that whenever someone leaves me a voicemail message, it gets re-routed to a long distance number and what I get is a "Text" message from Sprint (because it says Sprint Customer Service across the top of the message) the text message contains the telephone number that supposedly left me a message.  The text message reads....."[tel number] left you an SMS Voice Message. Please call (650) 603-0000 to listen to the message".

That is the text I receive - one every time I get a voicemail from someone - and it's always the same number they ask me to call. I've tried calling that number to see what happens, but it's always busy!!! I don't know what to do. I've contact Sprint Customer Service and Tech Support and they don't have a clue as to why this is happening.  Their only brilliant suggestion is that I "reset" my phone!!

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and, if so, were they able to resolve it?  I would really appreciate assistance from anyone....I need to be able to get my voicemail messages and now they are out there in the twilight zone!!

Look forward to a response....thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: my voicemail messages are being rerouted

Try doing this:

Update Data profile.
Turn phone off and back on.
Go to voicemail screen.
Click Menu > Compose.
Click and then enter activate@vvm.sprint.com. (v v m, not wm

Click Record > Stop > Send.

Wait a few minutes for old voicemail notifications to deliver

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat