cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture mail won't work

Journeyman

picture mail won't work

My picture has stopped working after installing update any  ideas on how to fix it?

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

picture mail won't work

i have the same problem it sent mms before the update but after gingerbread it always says failed to send after multiple tries

Master

picture mail won't work

There are multiple steps to troubleshoot this - assuming that the internet works on the device.  There is a simple data restore procedure we can guide you through if you call from another phone.  We need to give you the MSL ( Master Subsidy Lock ) to perform it but it only takes a minute.  you enter ###3282# then select restore - then enter MSL.  If you haven't had a number change or any other account changes this will usually restore the picturemail account and we do an reset on a lock that can enable itself on the picturemail account itself.  Please call in from another device to 888-211-4727 or *2 from another Sprint phone.  There are other procedures to try if this one doesn't work so allow some time for us when you call in . If you would like you can private message me and I will contact you directly, we just have to work around my schedule and yours so calling in is usually quicker.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Wizard

picture mail won't work

KUBBIE1970,

Are you still having the issue? I just finished helping another customer with this same issue. After going through a few troubleshooting steps we determined the issue was only occuring on the 3G network and the solution we found that eventually resolved it was to go into the message application, select menu > settings > under MMS settings > connection settings > look for MMS Proxy and MMS Port and delete whatever it's set to; after doing this both will show not set, after that test it out by sending a picture mail from yourself to yourself and see if it works. This is still not listed as an official known issue but we're looking into it. If you can please let me know if this works, it would really help me out in getting this issue listed as an official software bug.

Journeyman

picture mail won't work

did everything and still not working

Journeyman

picture mail won't work

it worked for my on my evo shift 4g

Wizard

picture mail won't work

KUBBIE1970,

Are you still experiencing issues with your picture mail?

avigayil2619,

Great! I'm glad you're issue is resolved now!

Journeyman

picture mail won't work

Hello,

I deleted the MMS info and I still can't send or recieve pic mail.  I can if I connect to my own WIFI.  Please help, the problem was temporarily fixed after talking to sprint, but obviously it has returned.

Thanks

Journeyman

picture mail won't work

I'm having this exact same issue on my Evo 4g (not the Shift, but found this thread doing a search on the boards).  When I go into the connection settings, everything is grayed out so there's nothing to delete. If I'm in an area with 4G and turn it on, the MMS messages will download, but not on 3G.

Journeyman

picture mail won't work

Thanks for your help. I am now receiving pic mail (mms) on my evo shift!!!

Wizard

Re: picture mail won't work

jdourley,

I'm going to send you a private message for further assistance.

katiemccann,

For the Evo 4G it's not quite the same, there's different troubleshooting we may need to do such as performing a data restore, I'm going to send you a private message as well with further information.

datredgurl,

You're welcome! I'm glad your issue is resolved.

Journeyman

Re: picture mail won't work

This worked! Hooray!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat