cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/22 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - 2.23.651.1 Honeycomb

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - 2.23.651.1 Honeycomb (Android 3.2.1)

Enhancements/Fixes

- Android 3.2.1 (Honeycomb) and a new virtual and holographic user interface.

- New virtual and holographic interface

- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys

- New Google search, available on every page

- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the

bottom of the screen

- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar

- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen 

is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application   

- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM

- Google video chat

- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.23.651.1

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 12/22 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices at a later date

- Due to the unique structure of the Honeycomb layout, your personalized widgets and screen setup will not remain

after the upgrade. The device will  revert to the out-of-box home screen layout. Wallpapers, widgets, and application

shortcuts that have been personalized will need to be re-established.

- Refer to the HTC EVO View 4G Software Updates blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Patron

install went smooth...Getting used to the new layout

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did a WiFi install without any bumps. Tablet app I wanted before (remote desktop) now workes now like charm (needed 3.0+.)  Working on the Market Library but all smooth thus far.  Thanks HTC/Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the Christmas gift! Installation went smoothly, only that Google Books update doesn't work now; continually crashes. Probably Google's fault tnough. Love the smoothness and speed of the new OS. ICS on the horizon for next year?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The upgrade from Gingerbread to Honeycomb is causing display problems with Telenav. it seems Telenav has released a low-res version smartphones and a hi-res version for tablets. After the OS upgrade, Telenav has been upgraded to tablet version. The new display is optimized for wide resolutions. Consequently, Telenav headers and footers waste most of the screen real estate in landscape mode. To make things worse, the app only works in landscape mode and not portrait mode. The map area in the middle of the header and footer is so narrow thatitp is not usable. Fortunately, the smartphone version remains after the upgrade.The developer needs to address this majorp programming problem immediately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Install follow-up:  Install went great, had some minor dual account Google sync issues with Google Voice (was not G-Voice on the tablet but my phone) but now resolved.  Love the fact that the Stylus works everywhere and it has made me a loyal fan.  I think that the battery life is the same or better now.  I use it for FX trading to free myself from the PC and this upgrade to Honeycomb did the trick.  Looking forward to the next Sprint LTE tablet from HTC.  Fact: Otterbox makes your equpment near bullet proof. (I left it on the car roof and drove off.. saw it fly (no pun here) and wa la there she flew, landed with a little plastic scrapes here and there, thats all.)   Thanks Sprint/HTC/Otterbox!!  Cheers, Happy Holidays to All!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use it every day and can tell you that the battery life is improved after the Honeycomb install. The longer battery life is a big plus for me. Some minor app screen formatting issues but it's not Honeycomb's fault that I can see. I love the pen even more now that it works like it should...EVERYWHERE!  So far it's the best upgrade yet in terms of being near painless and getting me back to work with tablet apps now!  Thanks.  Happy New Year to All.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love the new layout, but can't figure out how to close apps. Have gotten a notification that if there are too many apps open, the View will not charge. The only way to close apps is to power the unit off and restart it.  Any ideas on how to close the apps individually, because backing out of them doesn't work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/22 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - 2.23.651.1 Honeycomb

I have not had that problem, only while browsing the net do I get a window/tab limit notification, but not for open apps.  I always exit my apps by backing out to the home screen. I'm no way an expert as I really don't have time to mess with it much as I'd like.  Best of luck everyone for 2012 is rolling already at clip to be reckoned with! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, never had that problem. Never have to close apps unless it is an app that actually has a close menu item, like firefox, which would be good to close since it uses a lot of RAM. What I'm having a problem with is adding certain widgets to my homescreen. For example, I downloaded Flip Coin from HTC Likes and installed it, but cannot find it anywhere on the widgets list to add to the homescreen. I verified it is running in the apps manager but it doesn't show up on the widgets list. Weird.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been unable to use my tablet since the install. All it does is forceclose constantly I have tried everything about to turn in to Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having charging issues with my View 4g after the update. For example, it was plugged in all night last night, and this morning it was on 9% battery, and there was a message that the charging rate was not enough based on the battery usage. I had no apps running and am using the factory (7v) charger. I never had this issue before the update.

Now today at work, I have had it plugged in since I arrived (about 8 hours now), and it is just now charged to 20%!?! It should be fully charged by now.

Please help anyone?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat