12/22 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - 2.23.651.1 Honeycomb

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone figured out how to close apps yet? I cantttt

Highlighted
Journeyman

this update sucks.it completely changed the tablet from what i bought. i want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/22 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - 2.23.651.1 Honeycomb

I am very unhappy with this update. From what I have seen over the last couple of days I have gained nuthing and lost alot.

I want my Hard Keys back, I want my top and bottom bars back the way they were. I want my Photo Album to display almost fullscreen like it did before because that 3xwhatever looks crappy. By Browser opens so slow I think it's ignoring me and have to hit it more then once. I sed a Task Manager app for closing running apps and now it's hard to hit the close buttons cause they are smaller or something. It is frustrating the heck out of me and the more I type about it the madder I get.

Guys, you could have implimented Honeycomb without messing with the interface, if not, then Honeycomb wasn't ready yet. You do not always have to change things, I'll give you an example.

When Microsoft released Windows95 the START Button was in the bottom left corner of the screen by default. In WIn98, WinME, Win2000, WinServer2003 and 2008, WinXP, Vista, and Windows7, the START Button is always in the bottom left corner, you can move it, but it is always there at the start.

You moved my START Button !

Ohhh, And for some dumb reason my Music app is always on, it isn't playing anything, but when I go to my Task Manager App to kill something the Music App is allways there and I have to kill it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/22 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - 2.23.651.1 Honeycomb

Eight weeks into the upgrade and I can't say enough about the battery life and performance for a single core tablet.  Battery life is better and and with the stylus working everywhere what can I say and don't think I pamper this tablet, I wring it out at time as it stutters while running remote desktop app and streaming video and more at times but what can you expect from a single core maxed out.  I would like to see a dual core in say a 10 inch screen with a hi-res screen and scribe abilities next up for Sprint!  Thanks HTC/Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update a copule of months ago was horribly wrong!!!! The stylus pen does not work with everything, it only works for the notes or coloring. Secondly, not using the orginal back, home and menu keys (at the bottom and left hand side) was not a good executive desicion. The hard keys suck, i love the sype more than pushing real darn hard on my evo view. if you do an upgrade, only get rid of errors and don't fix something that is not broken.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat