cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/24 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - Android 2.3.4 (1.22.651.1)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/24 - HTC EVO View 4G Software Update - Android 2.3.4 (1.22.651.1)

HTC EVO View 4G Software Update  - 1.22.651.1 Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)

- Google Talk video chat will be disabled until a future release 

- Fix for 'Mail has stopped unexpectedly' pop-up message

- Fixes for Google Maps and Google Navigation

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 1.22.651.1

- Refer to the HTC EVO VIEW 4G Software Update blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update,  you may receive a message that no update is available.  Please be  patient and check back later,  or you may wait until the update is  automatically sent to your device.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - rephrased 'maintenance release' to 'software update'

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

6/24 - HTC EVO View 4G Maintenance Release - Android 2.3.4 (1.22.651.1)

Ever since I have downloaded this update, my yahoo mail won't work.  It says "Failed Login".  I have tried rebooting, using WiFi and 4G network.  Nothing works.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. My mail hasn't worked since 6-28

Journeyman

I am haveing mutiple issues since update.How is this update uninstalled?All it did was screw up all settings with no way to repair.

When I update I do not expect it to change my phone.This issue if not corrected could cause sprint to lose customers.

Journeyman

I'm experiencing hte same thing. When will there be a patch update?

Journeyman

Anyone else having issues with the install?  I try to install and a quarter of the way through it the little android with an exclamation mark pops up and the phone freezes.

Journeyman

2.3.4 update messed up the html view on all my MS Exchange ActiveSync email accounts!.   Please help! How do I enabled the email accounts back to html instead of text? The dropdown is now disabled and I can't select it from the email account settings menu. Thank you.

Journeyman

The new update REALLY made my evo an expensive BRICK....Thanks for the $400.00 Brick Sprint... Why don't you upgrade my BRICK to the evo 3D for free, I know that it works good with the updates that are meant to be ran by the evo 3D!!! The evo 4G is way under powered for this update!!! Verizon is looking better each day!!

Journeyman

Re: 6/24 - HTC EVO View 4G Maintenance Release - Android 2.3.4 (1.22.651.1)

I eneded up totally deleting my Mail accounts (yahoo, g active), shut down the phone and then re-set up 1 account to test.  Bingo.  Working fine (including seeing all emails with pictures/hits etc) now.

Journeyman

What type of account did you setup? Gmail, yahoo, exchange, hotmail? And when you say fine do you mean able to view the html contents of the emails? A little more details than ” working fine” would be useful. Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat