cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues now reading wrong memory

Journeyman

I recently was having connection issues with my evo 4g connecting to my windows 7 machine where the pc wasnt recognizing the device.  I reinstalled htc which I hate and somehot it tried syncing which was why my music is not gone.  I then deleted all music from the folder which was well over 4 gigs but the memory is not reading correctly saying I only have 700 mgs left.  How can I fix this issue as this phone has been acting up for the last month with major issues.  Up until now I really liked it but its been very bad lately in all aspects.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

4GB and 700MBs are throwing us a little.  Neither one of those are your "internal storage" which is around 380MBs from a hard reset.  Are you have trouble clearing memory from your SD card?  This shouldn't affect the functionality of your phone unless the data is severely fragmented causing the OS to have trouble managing and searching the data.

Tom

Journeyman

I had over 4 gigs of music which I deleted all from the music folder and its saying I only have 700mbs availalable so somewhere in there storage is lost.  I looked in lost.dir and there are like 5 gigs of stuff in there which is probably all my music.  I deleted it and freed up the space but now have to put my music back on.  Ive read about disk getting corrupted over time.  All I know is the drive portion wasnt reading on my pc so I reinstalled the drivers and after messing with it it showed up only to have my music folders there but going in the folders there was nothing.  Just want to make sure its not reoccuring and if something can be done to avoid this again.

Highlighted
Master

It could be a lot of things.  You should be able to see your "entire" SD card on your computer when you use the "disk drive" or usb drive option.  Are you syncing your music with the HTC sync program?  If so, it's not going to show you your entire android folder system.  But the "removable drive" located in Computer or My Computer will show you all of the files.  And yes, they may have been copied into the lost.dir folder depending on how they were "deleted".  I always use the removable drive folder to actually drag and drop files or copy files directly into the folder I want, which would be the "Music" folder.  You can always format your SD card which will start it over like it was brand new and "empty".  But make sure you don't have other things on it that you want like pictures, videos, applications, contact backups etc.  This is another reason for using the removable drive option, because backing up the SD is really simple.  After double clicking on the drive showing in Computer, highlight all folders you see and paste them to a new folder somewhere.  This will create a copy of everything on it.  Then use the phone only to format, making sure to disable disk drive and uplug it from the computer.  Unmounting it is also a requirement to format, but formatting from the phone re-creates the neccessary folders for the android OS after the format is complete. 

Tom

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat