cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Text Messages and Missed calls (Evo4G)

Journeyman

Calls and text have been not showing up for about the past two weeks. The going trend is for text to enter my INBOX in bulk at two hour delays, but always show the current time (versus when the other caller sent them). I've read in a few places where others are having these issues, but not seen the actual cause or if Sprint is in works to correct things.

Anyone else having the same issues.

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

The type of issue you're having is usually caused by general signal issues. (poor coverage or tower outages) If you provide your zip code or a nearby address where you're having the problem, I will check the towers around you. If you're going to provide your personal address, please send me a private message as we try to avoid customers posting their private information in our forums.

-Donnie

Journeyman

904_King, I have located an outage in your zipcode (32277) the Estimated time of Repair is 1/13/2012 at 10 am. I do apologize for any inconvience this may be causeing you.

Services AffectedTicket #Outage DescriptionBegin
Date
3G Browsing,Dialing,Short mail,Text Messaging,Voice Mail,Web Services 8433616 At 2011/12/11 13:18:05 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Jacksonville : Jacksonville, FL Market: Dialing (Landline to PCS) Dialing (Local Dialing) Dialing (Long Distance Dialng) Dialing (Non-PCS to Mobile) Voice Mail (Intermittent service) Text Messaging (Slow Response) Web Services (Out of service) Short mail (Intermittent service) 3G Browsing (Out of service) . 12/11/2011 07:18:00 CST 4 01/13/2012 10:17:54 CST
Journeyman

I've been having the same issues for the past month, delays in delivery of text messages of more than 24 hours in some cases.  It sort of reminds me of the service I was getting from AT&T, back when they first got the iPhone for their customers - a couple months in, and my service deteriorated to the point that I couldn't make a phone call from inside my home, let alone text message delivery, had to go out in front of the house in order to get a signal.  Their response at that time was that a tower in my area was being upgraded, would be done in two days ... a week later, service hadn't improved, and I became a Sprint customer.  I'm still in contract now, with a Nexus S 4g phone that'll likely never see the ice cream sandwich update, but it will expire some day, and I surely do hope that service improves before then, or I'll take my number and find better service again.  Zip code:  60660

Journeyman

This problem is also occuring in Richmond, KY (40475) and Lexington, KY (Several, example: 40503). I experienced phone calls that go straight to voicemail (doesn't ring), and text messages that takes days to be delievered, or I get a series of text messages all at once. This is a significant issue because I missed an SMS page from work to respond to an emergency. Text message was delayed several hours.

I use an AirRave at home and the problem occures there. Testing with Google Voice indicates it is not a phone. (Delayed messages don't show up in GV, SMS through GV is recieved immediatly.)

Journeyman

Re: Delayed Text Messages and Missed calls (Evo4G)

We are having this exact same issue with 3 phones on our line (5 phones total); other 2 phones don't get used as much.  We are in Lafayette, Indiana.  Has been going on for over a month now.

Master

Kaseygetyourownplan

I can understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I checked the area. However, there are no open tickets/reported outages. Do you have an Airave device in your home?

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had the same issue here In Peoria Arizona (85345) the other day. Calls straight to msg and texts showing up in bulk. Can you check on my area?

Master

jmbcoco, Absolutely. For us to give you a more accurate diagnosis, please provide us with the cross streets and zip code for the affected area. Thanks!

- Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

77th ave and Peoria ave. I got a call this morning from a friend and was told he called thursday night , but I never got that call. About 20 mins after he called this morning I looked at my phone saw it had a message. It was a call I had gotten 5 mins before that went straight to voice mail. I am baffled at this point.

Master

jmbcoco

There are no reported network issues in the area. What type of phone do you currently have?

- Keyahna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat