cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO View

Journeyman

EVO View

This thread is incredibly quiet. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision or not in getting this tablet. :-( HTC is taking far too long to release any information on the future of any updates to either Honeycomb or ICS. Frankly, I'm highly frustrated anymore with the Android platform as a whole. They (Google) keep updating the OS yet the rate of adaptation of those OS's is incredibly low. I fear this may ultimately hurt the platform. Being a Windows Phone convert (from the EVO) and seeing how well Microsoft has been at updating their platform on a global scale to Mango is a symbol of how it 'should' be done. (I know, there are 1,000,001 variables in these updates, but I digress).

I DO like the build quality of the tablet and do use the stylus to edit photos and all, but I just wish it had 'more view' at this juncture.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Product Ambassador

EVO View

There is an update in the works, I do not have any concrete information and cannot speculate about the contents or dates.

How do you use the stylus to edit photos?  Still learning mine . . .

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

EVO View

Basically just tap the screen with the stylus when a photo is open to get in edit mode. I dont do any crazy editing mind you, just little stuff.

An update will be welcome. No worries on date. I KNOW how those go! Thanks for the info though. I appreciate it.

Journeyman

EVO View

I hear you.  Starting to feel the same way.  Logic is telling me that they will release a honeycomb update to capitalize on the Scribe SDK that is available on the developer site.  But... it is taking way too long.  Especially with all the dual core tablets out there.  Still, size is just right for me and I keep the hope alive for some real pen functionality in the near future.  Don't give up hope, yet.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: EVO View

Grr. The View doesn't work with this WYSIWYG editor. Need the upgrade to the forum software.   Ok when I'm in a photo all I get are options to draw lines on the photo. What kind of editing can you do?  Are you on the built-in galleryapp or using a third party app?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: EVO View

I now see the 'waiting game' as a result of the 'openness' of the platform (which in itself is a good AND bad thing). I'm all for getting updates right the first time out the door, but again - more often then not - a lot of updates that do start getting pushed out to Android devices end up being put on 'hold' for a period of time due to unforseen issues. I just hope Honeycomb is worth the wait and, if not then I'll start the ICS waiting game.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat