cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO View 4G Stylus is an extra charge of $79.99?!?!??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am looking forward to getting the HTC EVO View 4G. I already have an iPad (first version, Wi-Fi Only), but I am looking to get another tablet. Tthis time I wanted to get an Android-based tablet. HTC's tablet seems to be the best of the best.

What distinguished the HTC EVO View 4G (also known as the HTC Flyer) was the stylus. I just read that the stylus will not come with the tablet and that one will have to get the stylus for an add'l $79.99. The add'l functionalilty that the stylus provides was one of the main factors that made me consider the HTC EVO View 4G over all other tablets. If the stylus is not included, then the HTC EVO View 4G is only fractionally better than the other tablets.

In my opinion, it will be a BIG mistake if the stylus is NOT included with the tablet. I definitely will not buy it if I have to pay anything extra for the stylus. And don't even think about creating a "bundle"... the stylus just better be in the box!

Anyone else feel the way that I do?

Tags (5)
5 REPLIES
Journeyman

I'm very disappointed that the pen is not only extra, but costs so much. I've been on the fence on this tablet and while I'm still considering it, the fact the pen is $80 is pushing me toward giving it a pass.

Journeyman

When i was at sprint this weekend, the customer service person told me that Sprint wouldn't be charging for the stylus like Best Buy was for the flyer.  I really hope she wasn't telling me a story.. I've already pre-ordered the View

Journeyman

I too was very excited about the Flyer until I found out about three things:

1. Pen is not included (Sprint may give one out for a limited time)
  2. The device does not hold the pen
  3. The battery life is terrible (typical HTC)

This article was what changed my mind. I am sure i will go check it out before i decide but the Flyer has lost its zeal for me.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2011-06-11-htc-flyer-review_n.htm

Wizard

Hello!

From the press release at:  http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1931

"Additionally, for a limited time, any customer who purchases HTC EVO View 4G will receive the HTC Scribe™ digital pen (otherwise sold separately) at no charge with a two-year service agreement – providing an additional savings of $79.99 on their purchase."

I can't promise this offer will be around forever, but it is being offered at release.

Journeyman

The battery life is good, or said 2 reviews I've seen, one of them this http://liliputing.com/2011/06/htc-flyer-tablet-review.html  The extra for the pen is a kick in the nuts.