cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an iPad 2 and I like it ok, but was looking into buying the evo 4g view. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Journeyman

I have an iPad 2 and I like it ok, but was looking into buying the evo 4g view. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have an iPad 2 and like it but have grown bored of it.  I have the evo 3d and love the customization and swype, which the iPad2 doesn't have.  I was thinking about purchasing the evo 4g view since I love my evo I think I will really enjoy HTC's tablet.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Or information on why I should or shouldn't?

6 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

If you like your Evo, you'll love the View.  It's a 'big brother' to the Evo 4G.  The latest software update has added some neat new features to it too.  Very very customizable, great battery life, just the right size for two-thumb typing.  Not too big, not too small.

Journeyman

I recently tried the HTC flyer from best buy which is suppose to be the same as the evo view and it was ok.   It didn't have the speed the iPad 2 had but the customization was nice.  It still wasn't enough to give up my iPad over.  Once you experience Mac or apple products it's hard to get used to anything else.  If the iPhone had a bigger screen and widgets,  I probably would consider the iPhone.  For now I prefer my evo 3d

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's just personal preference. I don't care for the iphone or the ipad. I like using a product that way I want to and what works for me. I don't use or care to install itunes on my computer. I know how to manage my own media.

In comparison...

32gb on board and expandable for another 32gb.

HDMI out via the MHL cable

No proprietary connector for standard charging.

More pocketable with the 7" screen. Fits in my jacket pocket or the back pocket of my scrubs.

Flash. I use it. It's not dead on mobile. I stream movies and tv shows from Amazon and other sites.

Customization of home screens to mimic what I like about my phone.

For me, I could care less if ios is a little more hardware optimized. It's a little zippier navigating around, but I've never been left wanting on my Epic or View.

Best of all....the View is a whopping $240 with no contract. There have been deals on ebay, 1saleaday and bens outlet. And if you plan on paying for data for two years, you can get it for $200 from sprint. But buying it elsewhere you can opt for the $20 data plan if you just want some connectivity when you can't be on wifi.

If you're immeresed in the Apple environment though, it really doesn't matter. You're accustomed to the user experience. Some think Android is too much effort since out of the box it's not as simple as ios. It's tough to make a grid of icons difficult.

Journeyman

I have really gotten to know my iPad 2 & am loving it.  My quest for any other tablet is done.  I honestly do not think there is anything better.  I can't compromise the speed for anything else.

Journeyman

I will admit that I do NOT like Apple. Apple has a god complex and never acrtually lets you control of their products they just let you use them occaisonally. I am new to tablets but I wanted one and I will use it more or less as a toy, I am a retired HP, Cisco, 3COM Sys Engr.

I tried several tablets by taking advantage of the generous return policies of many retailers, they all have their good and bad points. I have tried the Lenovo K1 10" tablet and the A1 7" tablet, the I tried an Amazon Fire and the Vizio 8" tablet. they were all good products but I did realize that I would probably prefer a 7" tablet rather than a bigger one. When I saw the HTC EVO 4G tablet for $239 delivered I had to try it and how glad I am this is a very neat machine and it constantly amazes me. It feels like a quality product and with 32Gb memory plus an SD slot, WiFi and 4G and Bluetooth 3.0 with an upgrade to Android 3.2 what's not to like.

This tablet is a keeper at a fraction of the price of an IPad, WHY BUY AN IPAD.

Wizard

interesting point someone made a while back about buying a View and getting the 1gb data plan for $8/month. basically starting new line with iPhone, selling the iphone off, and using the $300 profit towards your $19.99 data plan, basically lowering your monthly down to $8/month over 24 months. this works due to the timing and the Apple product. if interested, here ya go http://www.phonenews.com/plan-hacker-sprint-data-plan-1-gb-18207/