Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Awake

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

100% Awake

Is it normal to be 100% awake?  I've had my phone for a week tomorrow.  Installed the firmware release that came out this week.  The phone is at 100% awake and always has been.  I cannot figure out what's causing it.  I can turn the phone and leave it sit - not doing anything - and it still won't sleep.  Is this a problem??  My battery sure is gone FAST.  Do I need to return it?

161 REPLIES 161
Journeyman

Re: 100% Awake

I did a factory reset and my phone sleeps good now.

Journeyman

A factory reset after installing the firmware update?  What does the factory reset entail?  Is everything wiped clean?   Where is that function located?

Journeyman PGR
Journeyman

I'd be real hesitant to do a factory reset if you have any paid apps installed on your phone. It might be a better value to wait and put up with the awake time and battery drain until they get the Amdroid Marketplace fixed.

Pete

Journeyman

I don't have any paid apps installed.  Just a few freebies like handcent, google sky, spare parts. . . that's about it.

Journeyman

go to menu>setting>security>factory data reset. and any apps I lost I got back by going to the market my downloads and all my previous apps were there for me to download again. I also stopped using hancent and use the htc mesanger on the phone. Your contacs will come back if you sinced your google acounts and contacks before the reset. I have been very happy since I did this

Journeyman

I still have the 100% awake update even though I have factory reseted it. I've done it 5 times already fixing the problem and having it just come back.

Journeyman

Will things stay on my sd card?  Like photos?  What about a ringer that I got from Amazon - will that stay as well?  If so then I guess I can give this a try.

Journeyman

Do the firmware update stay when you do a factory reset, or do I have to reset and then install that again?

Journeyman

my firmware update was still there after reset. I

Journeyman

Firmware update should still be there if you do a factory reset.

Journeyman

civEX wrote:

I still have the 100% awake update even though I have factory reseted it. I've done it 5 times already fixing the problem and having it just come back.

I had that same problem untill I downloaded the firmware update now good. maybe you dowloaded a bad app, I dont know? I stopped using spare parts

Message was edited by: frost833

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat