cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Awake

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: 100% Awake

Mine has been stuck in 100% awake lock for several days.  I have stopped doing factory resets because they its returns to wake lock to fast.

I just got a direct message from @htc on Twitter.  The message indicated the he was reading up on this issue.  I directed him to this thread.  I also contacted technical support direct through htc.com.  I haven't heard back from technical support yet.

Here are my specs.

Firmware: 1.5

Build Number: 1.56.651.2

Hardware: 0002

PRL: 60652

PRI: 1.70_003

Edit: Also, my phone is branded "with Google;" however, I don't think the branding has any impact on the issue.

Message was edited by: sparki131

Journeyman

sparki - I can't wait to hear what they say on Twitter.  I contacted HTC via their website and basically I have to call tech support.  I haven't had time to do that.  I need to be around another phone obviously

Master

I'm not having the 100% awake issue, but figured I'd post for some info of users not having the issue and how my device is setup to figure out what it might NOT be rather than just guessing what it could be causing the issue.

Firmware: 1.5
Build Number: 1.56.651.2
Hardware: 0002
PRL: 60654
PRI: 1.68_003

Without Google branding

After the update, I hard reset the device and went through the setup like I normally would have, entering my Google, Facebook, Twitter, Exchange, and additional IMAP Gmail information. I rearranged my icons and widgets for my preference, then installed Abduction, FML, Last.FM, Spare Parts and Spark. Using the stock messaging application, not Handcent SMS or ChompSMS.

Both of my Gmail accounts and Exchange are set to get emails pushed to the device. I am also syncing my Gmail Contacts and Calendar as well.

My device usually hovers around 11-15% awake time, even after restarting the handset. I've been running like this since a couple of days after the update was released until now without issue.

Journeyman

I have one HTC Hero which is not having this 100% awake issue, and another HTC Hero is experiencing the 100% awake thing, but I don't think it's effecting the battery life since both get about the same drain.

HTC Hero not showing 100% awake is PRI: 1.68_003

HTC Hero showing 100% awake is PRI: 1.70_003

Both HTC Heros our from Sprint Telesales.  One was ordered the day it launched 11 Oct, and the other was ordered on 1 Nov.  Both phones are without Google branding on the battery cover, so this is the only difference.

Journeyman

I think it is the 1.70 PRI honestly.  How can we downgrade that to test?

Journeyman

your theory is wrong I have the 068 and I am at 100% awake......

Journeyman

Has anyone noticed on the htc hero 2.1 leaked pictures, that one of the screens show "BATTERY USE: What has been using the battery"?

Sounds like they've been listening to us...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, Sarah?  Will?  Or another kind representative from Sprint?

This issue is clearing keeping Hero users up late at night...along with their phones!   

The worst thing is that while resetting the phone appears to offer relief for some, quite a few others experience relapses sooner or later.

In my case, it feels like battery longevity is good despite the Hero having a chronic case of "100% Awake."  For this reason, I choose not to bother with a reset.  But I can't shake the perception that something may be wrong with my phone.

Would it be possible for the Sprint team to:

• Acknowledge the "Awake Time" issue exists
  • Investigate to determine the cause(s)
  • Advise on the implications of "100% Awake"
  • Recommend actions Hero users can take in the short term, besides or in addition to a hard reset
  • Indicate whether a permanent fix may be released soon?
Journeyman

zeusautomotive wrote:

Has anyone noticed on the htc hero 2.1 leaked pictures, that one of the screens show "BATTERY USE: What has been using the battery"?

Sounds like they've been listening to us...

Maybe. . .  I'm pretty sure that my friend's phone through T-Mobile (?) has that screen.  He told me to go to that screen at one point when he was helping me figure out my phone, but I didn't have it.

I thought the next version was 2.0?  Not 2.1?

Journeyman

I'm having this same problem.  Currently on my 2nd Hero and it's still a problem.  The most frustrating thing is that nobody from Sprint that I talk to seems to know anything about the issue...and therefore, can't help.  They all give me the same dumb line:  "yeah, the battery life on the Hero is poor".

The last Sprint rep I spoke with hard reset the phone and told me not to download any apps except a 3rd party SMS.  Great.  What's the point of having an Android phone if you can't install apps for fear that your phone won't sleep?

This sucks.

Journeyman

I've read on other forums (e.g., Phandroid) that the mail app may be causing part of the issue.

Which mail apps is everyone using? 

I use the Gmail app to access my Gmail exclusively.  I do not use the HTC Mail app.  My Hero goes into wake lock after a couple days after factory resets.

I also tried to clear the data and cache from the Gmail app and Google apps.  Clearing the data had no effect on the Awake lock. 😕

Journeyman

I us both mail apps.  I have the required Google account as well as a yahoo account.   I guess Google pushes to me?  I don't know how to make yahoo do that? I've heard that the constant checking will make it wake lock.  But I had yahoo set to manual updates and it still went into wake lock.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat