Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Awake

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 100% Awake

Since my last update I can confirm that my Hero sleeps now.  The Awake time was gradually going down (I didn't do a soft reset for over a week).  Today I did, and my Awake time is holding around 15%.

It appears to be possible for the device to spontaneously begin sleeping from a long term wake lock condition.

What has changed on my handset?

I've added an app or two and have been using a lot of features on the phone.  GPS is on.  Have not been using WiFi or Bluetooth. I use ATK once or twice a day.. so that's not it.  The one thing I have noticed is that I have not been receiving any GMail for about the same period of time as my phone has been sleeping.   And I receive low priority mail every day on that account, so it's not that there hasn't been any email.  Wondering if there is a link...  But if I "fix" Gmail will I break my Hero? Or maybe Wake Lock and Gmail have nothing to do with each other.

I guess there is only one way to find out... but I think I will hold off messing with it to see how long I can go without wake lock, and continue to monitor the situation.

Journeyman

Someone has noticed that the Hero has a battery drain issue; however, he misattributes it to the now fixed messaging app problem.

http://www.phonenews.com/improving-sprint-htc-hero-battery-life-9720/

Journeyman

WELL I CAN ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT IT DID NOT FIX MINE (DOWNLOADING HANDCENT) I DID THAT AND I AM STILL AT 100% AND ON MY SECOND HERO............................

I SEND A TROUBLE TICKET TO HTC AND THEY SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT DOWNLOADING A 3RD PARTY MSG PROGRAM AND I RESPONDED TO THEM LETTING THEM KNOW IT DIDNT FIX MY ISSUE AND THEY HAVE YET TO RESPOND AGAIN...

WHAT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, VERIZON IS LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY.

Journeyman

Yep, this fllat does not work on the majority of phones. Been doing this for over a month now and still 100% awake.

Master

drdrr wrote:

Since my last update I can confirm that my Hero sleeps now.  The Awake time was gradually going down (I didn't do a soft reset for over a week).  Today I did, and my Awake time is holding around 15%.

It appears to be possible for the device to spontaneously begin sleeping from a long term wake lock condition.

What has changed on my handset?

I've added an app or two and have been using a lot of features on the phone.  GPS is on.  Have not been using WiFi or Bluetooth. I use ATK once or twice a day.. so that's not it.  The one thing I have noticed is that I have not been receiving any GMail for about the same period of time as my phone has been sleeping.   And I receive low priority mail every day on that account, so it's not that there hasn't been any email.  Wondering if there is a link...  But if I "fix" Gmail will I break my Hero? Or maybe Wake Lock and Gmail have nothing to do with each other.

I guess there is only one way to find out... but I think I will hold off messing with it to see how long I can go without wake lock, and continue to monitor the situation.

I have my Gmail pushing to the phone and don't have the wake lock issue, so I don't think that's it.

Journeyman

My phone started sleeping!  I have no idea how or why.

Here's the deal.  As you know I had rest several times.  So while it was no longer sleeping it was not at a full 100% awake cause it was creeping up slowly.  I was at 90-someting%.   I didn't want to turn the phone off cause I believed that I was still getting better battery life by not being at the dreaded 100%.  Though I think that was kind of a dumb thought.

We are on vacation.  We went into a museum and they asked us to turn off our phones cause they would interfere with the sound system.  I turned it off before I thought about it!  When I turned it back on it stayed at 100% awake.

Later that night we went to a concert.  We left our phones in the car and it was cold so I figured what the heck - I'd turn it off again.  I thought it was better to not be on in the cold.  The phone sat for a few hours.  3 probably.  I turned it on when we got back to the car.  I did not let the screen turn off as it was booting. (I did accidentally the first time above)  I immediately checked email and some texts came through.  It was late and we went back to the hotel.  I put it on the charger.  The next morning (yesterday) I noticed it was sleeping!  I'm at 6 or 7% awake!  Yay!  How long will it last?  I have no idea!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat