Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/19 - HTC Hero Maintenance Release 2.32.651.2

Wizard

11/19 - HTC Hero Maintenance Release 2.32.651.2

HTC Hero Maintenance Release 2.32.651.2

Fixes:
• Correct a non-customer impacting issue (device diagnostics)
• MMS issue with contact number format
• Updated Sprint Zone application

Update your software
•    Go to All Applications
•    Tap Settings > About Phone > System Updates > HTC Software Update
•    Select Check Now
•    Follow the on-screen instructions to download the update

Important Notes:
This update will take approximately 5-10 minutes to download and 5-10 minutes to install.
The new software version is: 2.32.651.2
This update is being released from HTC in stages.  Devices on the most current previous release (2.31.651.7) should get the update over the next week.  If you do not see the update on your phone immediately, please be patient.

[updates in red font]

Message was edited by: dshoem01

27 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 11/19 - HTC Hero Maintenance Release 2.32.651.2

still nothing.........here.

Journeyman

No updates yet...wonder when I would be getting this??

Journeyman

Of course, yet another example of being mislead by Sprint almost a full day later and no one has recieved the announced "update." Getting really frustrated being a Htc Hero owner that has been left in the dark with a phone that is just barely a year old. Unbelieveable!!!

Journeyman

I got this Maintenance Release directly from HTC's Mobile Phone Support site.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/

It updates to

And oddly enough is dated 10/4/10

Journeyman

SKRIEGERJR1 wrote:

I got this Maintenance Release directly from HTC's Mobile Phone Support site.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/

It updates to

And oddly enough is dated 10/4/10

Look again at the version numbers. The 10/4/10 update is version 2.31.xxx.x while the 11/19/10 is version 2.32.xxx.x (2.32.651.2). Theoretically, the larger number indicates a newer software version. BTW, still waiting for the update to come this direction.

Journeyman

uhm - i did not follow instructions and thought it was not available...  (checked for firmware update)

randomly, i tried the update-HTC-sw button (ie: instructions correct) and it worked... (13mb, i think, ota)  phone rebooted twice to install...

nice to get the update, not sure if -i- notice any differences...  phones been working fine for awhile now - but im not a tough consumer atm...

Journeyman

My mistake, I didn't see the difference in Release #s.  I FOTA updated mine today...seems faster connecting when calling...other than that, nothing diff that I can see.

Interestingly enough, this update is not shown on HTC's website, nor listed as an update #.

Wizard

You shouldn't notice any differences other than the Sprint Zone update.  All other changes in this version are non-customer facing.

For those of you not seeing the update on your phone, make sure you're on the most recent prior release (2.31.651.7) and then check for the update.  I am not seeing this download on HTC's site (yet?), but I believe all the previous releases are available there.  Here's a link to their site: http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/

If you are still unable to receive the update, please respond back to this thread.

Journeyman

My HTC Hero is running 2.31.651.7.  When I check for HTC software updates, it returns  "Your phone is up to date. There are no updates available for your phone." 

Journeyman

I have been able to download hte update. I ahve done so several times however it will nto allow me to update. It reboots at the android screen with a box unpacking and fails each time at verifying the file. Was not sure if any one was having issues like this as well.

Wizard

I checked with the product manager for this device who confirmed that HTC is pushing this release out in batches.  Customers on the latest software should be able to receive the software over the next week.  If the update doesn't show up on your phone within that timeframe, you can visit a Sprint Service & Repair center to have it applied.  The target date for the download ability in the retail stores hasn't yet been determined, but I will update the original post when it's available. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.