cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.1 may actually come out today

Patron

2.1 may actually come out today

i know that there have been things said that 2.1 was going to come out today and throughout the first week of may. but maybe im jumping to conclusions but i just did a firmware update and instead of my phone saying that there was no update i got this message " The firmware update could not be completed. please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service error code:1012". so maybe there is a slight possibility.....but who knows

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: 2.1 may actually come out today

I get that same message on a regular basis, either checking firmware or PRL. Not always but often.

Also the likelihood of Sprint / HTC releasing something as "big" as the 2.1 update on a Friday? Seems *un*likely to me.

Journeyman

Well, it's 10:30 pm central time and no update for my Moment. Chalk it up to another BS rumor with no word from Sprint about a real update.

Journeyman

I've been calling Sprint about twice a week asking about the 2.1 update. They dig around and tell me the same thing. "I've heard its coming but we don't show anything for the Hero for at least two weeks". When/If it comes out you'll get a text message that its ready. Also not everyone can get it at first so you'll hear chatter from the first group who get it. So, as of now at this time, on this day there is no 2.1 update. What sucks is the 2.1 on every other carrier phone is awesome. I have 2 buddies on Verizon with the driod and they rub the 2.1 in my face and haze me about having Sprint. No quicker way to lose a customer than to provide inferior phones. Sprint will never get out of 3rd place, (maybe move to 4th place) if they don't take care of their phone line up and upgrade on a regular basis.

Its not so much the Iphone is great, its more the Iphones competition sucks so bad.

Wizard

Today is the 1st of May and nothing. Just another rumor!

Can we all wait unit Sprint announce this update.

Don't get me wrong, I have 2 HTC Hero on my account and I want the update like all of you!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat