cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.1 with sense UI features....?!

Highlighted

2.1 with sense UI features....?!

Just curious if anyone knows any specifics of the new update coming from HTC for Hero with their sense UI? I am aware of the feature list the 2.1 has and what Nexus One has but not sure what Sense UI adds on top of it or doesn't! Earlier today I was just reading the leaked specifics about 2.1 for Droid and it seems it won't get live wallpapers and the rotating 3D grid menu.....

We all know no matter how much we whine and cry about it, we can't have official 2.1 update without Uncle Dan's blessings before "1H of 2010" so just to tickle ourselves until then maybe some one with specific information about the new interface can entertain all Hero lovers...... Sprint Admins please don't shy away.... I know you can't talk about the release dates, but please chime in on new cool features or improvements......

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

I can tell you this....there are at least some features that the Nexus has that will will not make the cut on our Heros.Reports that even the "vanilla" Android 2.1 on the Motorola Droid will not have animated wallpapers and will not have the 3d like apps tray launcher. If these will not make the cut on the Droid (which has a far superior processor than the outdated Hero processor), imagine what other features will be left out for us. The Supersonic is sounding better and better, that is if I decide to buy another Sence enabled HTC ( which limits our updates considerably).

Highlighted
Wizard

yeah, I don't think I want live or active wallpapers on my Hero.....that has to kill the RAM.  The Nexus One is probably the most optimal phone I could ever want....I hope that Sprint picks it up by 10/9/10...and/or we will see about this Supersonic.  The real advantage of N1 is that it is directly tied to Google and is their flagship (and only) phone.  Updates will be fast and furious.

Anyways, back to the original post....the only thing I really want from 2.1 is the voice in any text box.  I hope that makes it to Sense 2.1 for our Heroes.

Highlighted

I must say I am, as part of Hero users, a little disappointed and surprised by the no response from Team Sprint!!! It should be your avenue to keep the interests of user with your product and to stop your customers look at other carriers for cooler stuff, UNLESS the new 2.1 with Sense has nothing new to offer (new UIs, bug fixes with BT, Calendars, etc....) Well ball is in Sprint Employees' court, we are not asking you to talk about release date but the possible new features those are already on the confirmed list which in turn might help you guys keep your customers......

Highlighted

Sprint Admins: Can you please go ahead and lock this thread? I just realized you guys would rather fight and show powers in these forums than make a positive difference to the customer experience!!! I realize that I am wasting my time and energy hoping to find some answers........ Thank you much for serving....         

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even if they answered it would probably be about as specific as the 1H2010 date they gave us for the update.

Highlighted

It's pretty sad that we pay huge amounts of $ for these phones and plans and none of the companies (Either HTC or Sprint) acts responsibly towards its customers..... I understand about the time it takes to test a piece of code (I am not going to get in to what exactly they are testing or not) but they sure can set specific expectations about the product and keep us enthusiastic about what we are going to get...... but to think about it, if Sprint had a third party developer doing their job and gave a 6 months time line without any specifics, I bet they won't go back to the same developer for any other work......

Highlighted
Journeyman

No one is going to answer. Unlike Verizon, Sprint employees are sworn to secrecy and Sprint STILL hasnt learned that a little insight into the future for updates and new devices will likely keep customers from leaving to another carrier. Some things will never change. (this included)

Highlighted

Bingo!!!

Its a shame we, consumers, have to teach the businesses the right strategy to create a win-win situation..... yet these guys never understand!!! Need to send these Sprintsters to personality development and basic business building (in this case keeping business) 1-O-1!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

alchemist007 wrote:

Bingo!!!

Its a shame we, consumers, have to teach the businesses the right strategy to create a win-win situation..... yet these guys never understand!!! Need to send these Sprintsters to personality development and basic business building (in this case keeping business) 1-O-1!!!

Let's pretend you are the official Sprint spokesperson.

What would you tell us about the upcoming 2.1 release?

Highlighted
Journeyman

alchemist007 wrote:

Bingo!!!

Wow people. What exactly should sprint even be doing differently? What could a Sprint employee come in here and post, other than "We're releasing it in 15 minutes," that would quiet you people down?

Highlighted

Ok... to begin with I wish I could pretend as a Sprint spokesperson and I had the information with me..... well even if we pretend I have the info, I would put it in a way that would increase or create interest among the current users and visitors alike.... I would explain what to expect from the new product/release, mention "cool" features and touch on the surface as to what is keeping us busy in a convincing manner.... thats what I am PAID to do.... keep the old one and bring in the new users strategically without over committing and at the same time not understating.... but just to reiterate, the purpose of the post was to keep the curiosity flowing with users as their testers do their job in the background.... rather than clogging the air supply completely while working on a patient's oxygen cylinder....

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat