cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/19: Sprint Official Post for HTC Hero 2.1 Update - It's Here!

Highlighted
Journeyman

5/19: Sprint Official Post for HTC Hero 2.1 Update - It's Here!

Hot Off the Press!   The paint isn't even dry on this one.....  as I type this message, the download site is currently being updated to distribute the new software version. After downloading to your device, please keep us updated on the Community how everything is working.  Its been a long time coming but worth the wait -  enjoy your new update!!!!

- izzyks

Android 2.1 offers HTC Hero feature enhancements and new developer APIs

The Software version 2.27.651.5 is now available over the wire from Sprint’s HTC Hero download site.

Duration: This software download should take approximately 20 minutes depending on your PC connectivity.

READ THIS IMPORTANT NOTE: Installing the 2.27.651.5 update will delete all the data and information on your phone. You will lose contacts that have not been synced to an email account, text messages that have not been forwarded, saved voicemail messages older than 5 days, voicemails older than 20 days that have not been listened to, and call history. The calendar and email settings will also revert back to factory defaults. Pictures, music, videos and files are stored on your microSD memory card, which should be removed before updating your phone.

Before you start the download, make sure you back up your data and read the download instructions on the Sprint support website.

Fixes:
•    Clock widget displaying time for the same city in a different state
•    YouTube, "Cannot play video" error
•    Intermittent Unable to Receive SMS
•    Picturemail “Download Unsuccessful” error
•    Clock widget displaying inaccurate times
•    Some recurring calendar events display daily after first occurrence
•    Text conversations merged/mislabeled
•    Emails forwarded from menu option do not include attachments

Feature Enhancements:
•    Quick Contact feature.
•    Search SMS/MMS
•    Bookmarks with web page thumbnails.
•    Support for double-tap zoom.
•    Support for HTML5
•    Calendar: Agenda view provides infinite scrolling. Events indicate the attending status for each invitee.
•    Bluetooth 2.1
•    Out of Office Assistant
•    User configurable synchronization windows
•    Additional widgets
•    Improved Home Tile Navigation

193 REPLIES 193
Journeyman

Re: 5/19: Sprint Official Post for HTC Hero 2.1 Update - It's Here!

I tried your link, and there's nothing new to download on that page.  Do you know when it'll be updated?

Journeyman

Ummmm, I think Sprint forgot to update their link.  However, the software number mentioned is the same exact one that I used when downloading the leaked "signed release" version of 2.1 which was a few days ago.  Whew. I thought there was going to be some new revisions from the leaked sign release to the "official" release.

Journeyman

You can go to the HTC website and download it.  The screenshot looks like the one that was leaked ealier.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/

Wizard

Downloading now from HTC

Journeyman

Yeah. The download link is available now.  However, it's basically the same exact firmware update as the leaked one a few days ago.  I'm stoked though.  It's like having a totally NEW phone.  There are still some glitches, but I'm sure the people in these forums will voice that out sooner or later.

Journeyman

vespa55 wrote:

Ummmm, I think Sprint forgot to update their link.  However, the software number mentioned is the same exact one that I used when downloading the leaked "signed release" version of 2.1 which was a few days ago.  Whew. I thought there was going to be some new revisions from the leaked sign release to the "official" release.

The links work, the page will be updated soon.  In the interim, there is a link on the Sprint download page that takes you to HTC download area for your convenience.

Journeyman

Hello Izzy...Im sure you have read this already, but there's nothing posted yet!.

Journeyman

Did any one put this update on yet? Is it the same as the leaked one, cause the software number and everything is all the same but the .exe is named differently, someone put it on the phone and tell me its the same as the leak, cause im not sure if i should update again if its the same update

Journeyman

And maybe i can get those apps that i couldnt get with the leaked version, the htc hero 2.1 update should be in the database now, so maybe we can get google earth and and others that were not there,  report back later

Journeyman

Dear Sprint:

All is forgiven now.  We love you again...we really, really love you!

(Next time however, please keep your customers informed so as to avoid rumors and unfounded expectations.)

Other than that, we really, really love you!

Journeyman

If I do this upgrade it says it'll lose all my contacts that are not synced with an email account.  Can you tell me how I can tell if my contacts are synced with an email account?  Are my contacts automatically synced with my email account on my phone?

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat