cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other android forums.

Highlighted
Patron

5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other android forums.

1. Timezone is off by one hour. I am in GMT -8:00 and its set to GMT -7:00 however shows the correct time. At first it did not.

2. "With Google"/"Without Google" - there are software release differences between the 2.

3. Mono audio - tested on 2 different earbuds and 1 set of headphones. All 3 had different 3.5MM sizes. If you pull out the headphone jack a bit right before it clicks to go in tightly, you will then get stereo. Pushed in all the way, allows audio in both left and right but I promise you it is not stereo. The sound is missing spatial interpretation.

4. My phone says Rev. 0 Others phone says Rev. A. This is suppose to be a Rev. A device and mine is not, or at least it says it isnt. My ping however, is quite high.

5. I seem to be getting 2 notifications for my gmail account. One that shows up as an "@" and the other an envelope. The envelope seems to be routed to the application on the first home screen. @ usually shows a a full count of unread messages for my whole inbox. The envelope seems to show only new emails of a could of days. The envelope notification is always about 45-50 seconds behind my initial gmail push notification with @.

If anyone has these issues, reply with the number and any behavior you notice other than what I have pointed out.

29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: 5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other android forums.

#1 -  I think the timezone being off my 1 hour could be the way HTC is handling DST.  We will know if this is a correct assumption when the time go's back and the timezone offset is  changed to  -5.

Message was edited by: slbailey1

Journeyman

Re: 5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other android forums.

#5  If you have only one gmail account, I don't know what the problem is; but if you have two gmail accounts the following is what is happening.

1)  Any mail sent to the gmail account you setup as the account associated with the phone will be handled by the gmail application and all notifications will have the "@" icon.

2)  Any other gmail accounts you have must have been setup using the HTC Mail application as POP/IMAP accounts.  Any email accounts setup using the HTC Mail application will be handled by that application and all notifications will have the envelope icon.

Message was edited by: slbailey1

Journeyman

Where are you finding the REV # or are the phones with Rev-0 only the devices which have "With Google"written on the back?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Ludwig wrote:

2. "With Google"/"Without Google" - there are software release differences between the 2.

Branding change.  No hardware change.  Just the screenprinting on the back.

4. My phone says Rev. 0 Others phone says Rev. A. This is suppose to be a Rev. A device and mine is not, or at least it says it isnt. My ping however, is quite high.

About - Status shows, well, the status.  Current network conditions.  I see 1xRTT right now.  I was seeing Rev0 10 minutes ago.  The hardware, firmware, software and radio all are built for RevA support.

Message was edited by: wengla02

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Sprint Product Ambassador

Ludwig wrote:

3. Mono audio - tested on 2 different earbuds and 1 set of headphones. All 3 had different 3.5MM sizes. If you pull out the headphone jack a bit right before it clicks to go in tightly, you will then get stereo. Pushed in all the way, allows audio in both left and right but I promise you it is not stereo. The sound is missing spatial interpretation.

The Hardware team is asking what types / brands of earbuds or headphones you are using.

Any further info?

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

can someone please explain the difference btwn the rev-0 and the rev-A is that the network type or  firmware  

Journeyman

I can confirm that I'm getting mono audio from my headphones as well.  I'm using a pair of Sennheiser PX 100's.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_classic-line_pxseries_005206

Journeyman

found a nice forum that is android only alot of questions and answers mostly from techs and people who already owned androids could be very helpfull check it out to anyone whos interested good info alot of people with same issues and some useful info.                       

http://www.talkandroid.com

Journeyman

the_miker, did you try this from another thread:

K, I just found a kind of stupid solution to this. I took the back off the phone, shoved the spkr plug in all the way and stereo worked. Then I put the back back on and for some reason stereo still seems to work 🙂

Patron

Headphones:

Bose Triports

http://www.amazon.com/BOSE-R-Triport-Headphone-Silver/dp/B00009MK3T/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics...

Earbuds:

Generic Skullcandy cheapos

VModa

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Vibe-Earbuds-Gunmetal-Black/dp/B000K5WW1U/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electron...

Removing my battery cover and inserting the headphones made no difference. I still have to slightly pull it out to get stereo.

As far as the Gmail push issue. I had Gmail Sync and default IMAP application setup. I just deleted the IMAP account and moved out the gmail icon to replace the mail icon.

The Rev. O and Rev. A may be location based I will check as I am out today.

As far as With Google being a marketing decision, I have seen on other forums they actually have a different software version with phones that say "with google" vs not.

Message was edited by: Ludwig

Patron

Guess what? My headset jack just died. It doesnt notice headphones are plugged in to it,.

Edit: A hard reset fixed, this is looking def to be an impedance issue.

Message was edited by: Ludwig

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat