cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$69.99 at BB for new and upgrading Sprint customers!

Highlighted
Patron

$69.99 at BB for new and upgrading Sprint customers!

Just letting you guys know about this cyber monday sale at Best Buys. Great deal specially for exisiting customers!

Link

22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: $69.99 at BB for new and upgrading Sprint customers!

Guess not all Best Buys are doing it. In fact, the stores in Mobile, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida don't sell Sprint phones. I was so mad when i got there to only to be told sorry don't handle Sprint anymore. I wanted the Hero and might have gotten it but this may be the excuse not to renew Sprint after almost 10 years. My two years are up in June 2010.

Journeyman

You can still purchase online at BB....even if your specific store does not handle Sprint.

Journeyman

This offer was very tempting because we looking to upgrade to both a Moment and a Hero.  BB offers existing customer the Hero for 69.99 and the Moment for 179.99...not bad.  But I remain confused.  I called the phone assist number on the BB website, the agent said that device protection is $49.00 per device for 1 year and does NOT cover loss.  Next, I called my local Sprint store.  The protection is $7.00 per month and covers EVERYTHING.  Pretty important.  The Sprint rep also indicated that the 'inventory' can be different and Sprint cannot assist with defects with hardware, or other issues when the phones are purchased via third party.  Also the fine print on the BB web page indicated the phone was offered by a third party, Simplexity, which upon further review is the same vendor for Best Buy, Wirefly, Radio Shack, etc.  Needless to say, I got cold feet.  I read some unsavory reviews from frustrated customers.

Right now, I figure I'll spend the extra, purchase through Sprint and have the 'support' if necessary.  I might kick myself tomorrow, but I thought I would pass along what I learned today.  I've been reading what everyone has posted for months.  Has anyone had a 'good' experience purchasing their phone from Best Buy or Wirefly??  Maybe I'll change my mind.

Patron

I've bought my previous phone through BB and kept my protection plan from Sprint. Had to exchange my phone at a Sprint store a couple of time due to defect and had never ran into problems before. BB buys the phones from Sprint so how could inventory be different. I would understand if it's an unlocked CDMA phone that Sprint doesn't sell, but to not accept a third party seller with their own inventory they sold to in the first place doesn't make sense. I would call customer service for an answer and not rely on a sale associate from a store.

Journeyman

Interesting.  Thanks for the reply.  It sounds like you had an existing 'protection' plan with Sprint and then bought a phone from Best Buy.  I wonder if that makes the difference.  I think it's great that Sprint helped and/or replace a phone that you purchased elsewhere.  It makes sense to me...as a long standing Sprint customer...but again, not what I was told today.  We do not have an 'existing' protection plan because we have 'regular' phones not 'smart' phones.  As with most folks, money is a huge concern right now and the BB deal is very tempting....

Journeyman

Foiled again!! My BB said the deal is only for NEW customers. Those upgrading from like, let's say an Instinct (me) to a Hero are not considered a "new" customer. I just tried to go get my refund - I paid $179 less than a month ago and BB will match if it goes on sale in the next 30 days. My sister-in-law however got her price diffrence. She switched from Verizon to Sprint. Oh well, at least she got her money back. LOL  I have bought ALL my phones via BB and not directly through Sprint and never had one problem. BB has always handled my concerns promptly. I exchanged the Hero once due to the"static" issue in the earpice. I went to Sprint directly after purchase and added the $7 coverage no problem. I figured I may need it after my return time limit runs out via BB. Don't be afraid to go with BB. The fact that Sprint does not do instant rebates and BB does is crazy. Sprint I'm sure doesn't care because as was stated earlier, they buy the phones from Sprint anyway. Either was Sprint gets paid right? Happy shopping guys!!

Journeyman

denisew1972 wrote:

Foiled again!! My BB said the deal is only for NEW customers. Those upgrading from like, let's say an Instinct (me) to a Hero are not considered a "new" customer. I just tried to go get my refund - I paid $179 less than a month ago and BB will match if it goes on sale in the next 30 days. My sister-in-law however got her price diffrence. She switched from Verizon to Sprint. Oh well, at least she got her money back. LOL  I have bought ALL my phones via BB and not directly through Sprint and never had one problem. BB has always handled my concerns promptly. I exchanged the Hero once due to the"static" issue in the earpice. I went to Sprint directly after purchase and added the $7 coverage no problem. I figured I may need it after my return time limit runs out via BB. Don't be afraid to go with BB. The fact that Sprint does not do instant rebates and BB does is crazy. Sprint I'm sure doesn't care because as was stated earlier, they buy the phones from Sprint anyway. Either was Sprint gets paid right? Happy shopping guys!!

They are offering for customers who are extending/upgrading their contracts. I would take a copy of today's ad and a copy your your purchase receipt into the customer service counter at your local BB. Also take a copy of their price match statement from their website.

Here is a link on their price match policy BestBuy.com Help

Also, here is a link to the upgrade price on line: http://wireless.bestbuy.com/specialoffer.aspx?cid=34308_49ca224244e54ddab5210aa3b43db11b

Journeyman

One more thing that I failed to mention earlier, and this goes back to the 'different inventory' point, upon closer look the 'in the box' items appear to be different.  At least with the Moment, Sprint offers more in the box, while BB (and other sites) only list the charger and user guide.  No hands free (earphones), no SD card...hmmm. 

Patron

I'm also an upgrading customer and it said on the ad it's $69.99 "after instant discount with a 2YR contract extension". I brought a copy of the online ad and gave they me that price. I actually called before I went, they checked the ad online and matched the price.

Here's a copy of the ad.

ad.jpg

Patron

Texasdoggies wrote:

One more thing that I failed to mention earlier, and this goes back to the 'different inventory' point, upon closer look the 'in the box' items appear to be different.  At least with the Moment, Sprint offers more in the box, while BB (and other sites) only list the charger and user guide.  No hands free (earphones), no SD card...hmmm.

Ah... Could be a reason. I didn't see earphones, but 2gb card was included.

Journeyman

Y'all are starting to change my mind!  I'm on hold with Sprint Customer Service to try to get the bottom line...I've got a couple of hours to decide!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat