cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/22 - HTC Hero Maintenance Release - Updated

Journeyman

Re: 9/22 - HTC Hero Maintenance Release

"If you are not seeing the update, please be patient and it should be available soon."

soon as in;

"...2.1 coming in 1H of 2010..." soon?

or soon as in

"...sometime in the 2Q of 2010..." soon?

or soon as in

"sometime later today" soon?

cause we all know how the term "soon" is defined in the "Sprint Handbook of Tech-Updates Terminology"

Thanks, I'll take the answer to my questions off the air.

Journeyman

Where is it? Seriously? No one on the internet has posted anything about recieving this. We shall see if it comes this week or next month. Or maybe in time for the holidays!! Yay! But seriously....where is it? At least put a download up so we don't have to wait for the rollout....phone is slow as can be...

Journeyman

The support people i spoke to today told me that the update will be "651.7"  I already have .6 and my phone is so slow I am renaming it the HTC  "SNAIL"!!!

Please fix this peice of junk or upgrade me to a real phone.

Journeyman

Out of curiosity has this update for the Hero hit the DFW Metroplex yet?  My Fiance has the Hero and we have been looking for the dialer fix for quite a long time..  If anyone has gotten it please let me know so I can have her check.  I appreciate it!

Sprint Admins - I know you have a tough job but I have not seen "anyone" post of a successful update (to me this is very strange!). If there is a problem with the update, please let us know. Also, assuming the correct release is ".7".

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 9-22 HTC Hero Maintenance Release

wengla02 wrote:

I've seen Tooner running this release in testing and it does fix the dialier lag.  Goes from 20 seconds to do something to sub-second response times on the dialpad.  Very nice update.

Thanks for getting this posted, Desi!

Will

Did Tooner get to check out or mention the lag with Call Waiting or with 3 Way calling?

Journeyman

I just want to know, where is the new release. It doesn't pull up on my phone when I select HTC Software update and it is not posted on the Sprint website. Anybody have a link to the new release?

Journeyman

IS THERE A UPDATE FOR THE SPRINT HTC HERO WITH GOOGLE YES OR NO  ????????????

IF YES THEN WHERE IS IT !

YES OR NO WHATS IT TO BE,  DO NOT SHY ABOUT ITS TO LATE IN THE LIFE OF THIS PHONE

WELL ITS NOT 1 YEAR OLD AND ITS A DEAD PHONE.

THANK YOU

YES OR NO

Journeyman

There is only one real fix (other than just replacing the phone) and that is to root and install one of the vanilla ROMS. 

The Hero is simply too underpowered to run all the bloat that Sprint/HTC has loaded on this phone.  Sure, the interface looks pretty, but can you make a phone call?

I got sick of the painfully slow response time to do something as basic as dialing a phone number to place a call.  In some cases, it would take 30 - 60 seconds to make a call.  This IS a phone... right?

Sprint should feel ashamed of selling these phones like this.  Dan Hesse should be force to use a stock Hero phone for six months as punishment.  However, he is probably clueless as to the real severity of the problem. 

Anyway, once you root your Hero and install a nice, sleek ROM such as CyanogenMod 6, you will be amazed at how snappy and responsive this phone can be without all the garbage that kludges up the phone.   

At the very least, Sprint should make these replacement ROM's available to anyone with a Hero.  Instead, they make us all suffer for month after endless month while they take our $$.

Journeyman

I bought this phone for $199.99 plus tax on the non subsidized price, plus activation.

A few months later it sells for 49.99 at Amazon with no tax and free ship.  A few months after that it sells for 1 cents at Amazon with no tax.  In less than 1 year it goes down 199.98 from the price I paid and this phone will never go to Android 2.2

I have a few weeks left before I can buy another phone.  I am planning to buy the Samsung Epic but I am afraid it will go to 1 cents in less than a year and it will never go past Android 3.0 Gingerbread or 3.5 Honeycomb.

This HTC Hero phone is the worst phone ever.  What a total waste of money.  At least my old iPhone 3G can be used as a itouch.

If the phone sucks this bad Sprint should at least acknowledge it and let customers get out of this suffering with an early upgrade.

Journeyman

quite honestly i have the evo and hero the evo is a flagship phone so they stay on top of making sure all the glitches are repaired epic i have that one also it is a piece of crap to many glitches to even live with also its samsung i dont trust them at all atleast htc has a reputation of sending out updates on there phones but samsung doesnt

Journeyman

its out, updating now ...Denver, CO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat